SMP Support Request: Terrain Generation Affected by IC2?

• First off, putting this in support because I'm not sure if it's a 1.8 thing but not sure if it's a a bug either.

So, onto the topic. I have set up my own server that I play with my brother with IC2 1.15, Buildcraft 2.2.1, the IC2 addon Advanced Machines, and Minefactory Reloaded 1.2.2. (I also have Rei's minimap installed client-side, but I doubt it's the problem). So my brother and I have been playing for a day or two, and we have not encountered one diamond. (and we have made huge amounts of layer 16 diamond shafts, and explored many layer 1-16 caves. We have also encountered barely any redstone, which again I'm not sure if it's a 1.8 thing. However, what has pointed me towards IC2, is that we are encountering MASSIVE amounts of copper. I'm not sure if this is 1.8 or IC2 related so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also not sure is this is an SMP issue, as in IC2 1.00 in singleplayer I had no problem. Will test later.

• On the SMP server I play on I've found plenty of redstone and some diamonds. It might seem that diamonds are "rarer", but then again that is up to subjectivity.

• its random.

download xray and check ore distribution.

and yes, copper is 25 nodes per chunk 64-20, basically every layer.

Will do. I've had to start an artificial "equivalent exchange" program (64 copper = 64 iron = 16 gold = 4 diamonds and 1 glowstone dust = 6 redstone dust.) So once I've checked I'll edit this post with the results.

• When I saw the title, I thought "Oh, finally someone who knows!"
    Since when I had IC1 in 1.7.3, I always gen'd the SMP map with the seed "gargamel" and I always went to that epicly huge cave with epicness (Always were 6 diamonds etc.) but I noticed between the 5-6 maps I gen'd that sometimes things were different, like there were waterfalls where there weren't, or there was a lavafall were it indeed wasn't supposed to be (According to the vanilla map) and It was weird. I still got my 6 diamonds each time :)

• When I saw the title, I thought "Oh, finally someone who knows!"
    Since when I had IC1 in 1.7.3, I always gen'd the SMP map with the seed "gargamel" and I always went to that epicly huge cave with epicness (Always were 6 diamonds etc.) but I noticed between the 5-6 maps I gen'd that sometimes things were different, like there were waterfalls where there weren't, or there was a lavafall were it indeed wasn't supposed to be (According to the vanilla map) and It was weird. I still got my 6 diamonds each time :)

Yeah I still think IC2 does something to terrain as when I used the Xray in MCEdit and it took me a few minutes to find diamonds, where on a normal world I can find them almost instantly. Now I'm on Singleplayer Technic pack 1.8.1 and I've found 6 diamonds already (or I should have, but a certain Mr. Creeper took them before I could ;)). Though back to the point somethings definitely up with the terrain generation. Also I did not know about that seed so next time I start a world I know what to use :)