[SUGGESTION] Producing dye by smelting is inefficient... Macerator Time!

• Producing dyes by smelting is inefficient, I think it should be possible, for example, to macerate cactus instead, and produce more die. (Or make it two-stage, like with ores?)

• I like your idea but I think the extractor seems better suited for obtaining double the dyes from one dye source.

I don't know if it's really that important to make more dye at the moment. Alblaka said something about having colorable concrete/cement but we have to wait for minecraft to finish it's explosion of recent updates for any lasting work to be done.

• Official Post

I like your idea but I think the extractor seems better suited for obtaining double the dyes from one dye source.

I don't know if it's really that important to make more dye at the moment. Alblaka said something about having colorable concrete/cement but we have to wait for minecraft to finish it's explosion of recent updates for any lasting work to be done.

I would have to agree with using the extractor over the macerator for this suggestion would be better (Except with Bonemeal obviously).

Dyes are useful for painting cables in the current public release. As for the paintable Concrete/Cement (Al's calling it Construction Foam), it sure as hell uses a lot of dyes to paint a small base.... >_>

• I would have to agree with using the extractor over the macerator for this suggestion would be better (Except with Bonemeal obviously).

Dyes are useful for painting cables in the current public release. As for the paintable Concrete/Cement (Al's calling it Construction Foam), it sure as hell uses a lot of dyes to paint a small base.... >_>

I was considering using macerating to create concentrated dye from current dyes, toss a red dye in there to get 2 of a powdered version that works the same way.

Then you wouldn't hit issues with, say, Cactus Dyes and Lapus Lazuli output (which are used for various bits in crafting) instead you'd get proper dyes made from them.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Macerating 3 (e.g.) red flowers, put em in a crafting grid, get a dirty dye clump, extract it, get 5 normal dye. Would sound nais, I support.