[Suggestion] Keypad

• Keypads are placed on walls similar to Levers and require a 4 digit code to be put into it to open it. The first time you input a code into it the keypad it'll remember that as its code. Whenever that code is input into the keypad in the future, it'll output redstone signal similar to a lever.

The GUI for the keypad would be a typical 10 digit numpad with 4 digits allowed for the code. Clicking any of the numbers puts it in the next available slot.

I was thinking about this while designing my new factory/research lab, there are places I think should be offlimits to other people, would be nice to have doors locked using a Keypad.

Or maybe a keycard system.. Dye colored keycard system..

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Do you have any idea, how fucking hard it would be to implement?

I don't

lol

Considering the Redstone Timer from Redpower uses a nice button based interface, I can imagine this wouldn't be too bad.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Or they could just destroy the walls :D
    But on assuming you have a way to keep the walls from being destroyed, I suppose it would be nice.

• Not impossible to implement, using tile data to store the number. Although couldn't they just break it, and place a button, or break it and replace it, then reset the code? Also, I wonder if this would be more appropriate for redpower or some other redstone mod, as industrialcraft seems more about machines that use electricity.

• Not impossible to implement, using tile data to store the number. Although couldn't they just break it, and place a button, or break it and replace it, then reset the code? Also, I wonder if this would be more appropriate for redpower or some other redstone mod, as industrialcraft seems more about machines that use electricity.

I beg to differ, Industrialcraft encompasses a wide array of modern machinery/technologies. I think this would fit much better in IC as opposed to RP.

this would fit much better in IC as opposed to RP.

It would fit both of them, i think, sinse you can easilly use all 2 mods, and using RP makes red stone much easier, the question is-who will do it better, and who will ever do it?
    Sinse Eloraam is making a computer now, i dont think there is time to do a keycode door.

• I think this would be really cool, but there would need to be tweaks to make sure that someone couldnt come waltzing up and break it. I think the wrench is a really good idea. I would also reccomend adding a slot for a bettery or something so it would need to be powered. It wouldnt be able to be cabled up to though, so you would literally have to change the batteries every so often