Control EU current with redstone?

• Is there a way to prevent MFE's or BatBoxes from emitting EU? Redstoning them still makes them power a magnetizer, so i guess it isn't shutting off energy flow. Or does the magnetizer store energy and run off that? I ask this so that i could shut off the magnetizer with a button so that it wouldnt keep people attached to it.

• Hmm, maybe you could use a sticky piston to maybe disconnect the magnetizer? I'm not sure if that'd work.

Darn it, just tested, it doesn't work. I wonder if cables use tile data.

OK, plan B. MFEs, batboxes, etc when redstone powered only emit current when full. Don't ask me why this would be a desired behavior, but that's the way they work. Perhaps it's a way to ensure that they have a charge. It seems more useful to me to simply have them either emit power or not, but oh well.

Anyway, here it is. If you power a transformer it upconverts instead of downconverts, I think theoretically you could hook two transformers together, connect the three sided sides of both, and power the side the power comes from. Thus the power will be upconverted and then downconveted. When you wish to cut power, you power the second transformer thus reversing the flow thus both transformers will be trying to send power to each others output side thus no power will flow. This would be so much easier if there was a redstone controlled power switch.

I also wish there was a kind of cable or something that would send a redstone signal when power is flowing through it(or not flowing through it for a certain amount of time). So you could for example set up an alarm when generators run out of fuel to go refuel them, or tell when a machine has finished working. Perhaps have the ability to set the minimum amount of power or something. For example induction furnaces I understand draw 1 EU when redstone powered to keep the heat up. Also, you could setup a daytime detector with a solar panel. I should really go put that in the suggestions section...

Edt: Never mind already exists as the Energy-O-Mat

• Hmm, maybe you could use a sticky piston to maybe disconnect the magnetizer? I'm not sure if that'd work.

-Snip-

Edt: Never mind already exists as the Energy-O-Mat

There are no energy-o-mats in IC2, Brush up on your info.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"