[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• I get this error. I changed the block ID but I don't know what's happening. I put the .class files into my .jar through mcpatcher.

• Sorry I was unregistered then and I can't edit that post.

Here it is with spoiler tags:

• Sorry I was unregistered then and I can't edit that post.

Here it is with spoiler tags:

It may be be because you are trying to use it with BuildCraft 2.2.3 and IC2 1.22.

• Works for me (at the moment).

Attention: LV coupler works. HV (and probably MV too) turns into a LV coupler upon placing, costing you a diamond!

This probably has to do with it being the same block ID. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I can also affirm that this is working, just the t2 and t3 recipes place the t1 block on the ground. I have no idea how to code anything, so I'm @ a loss.

I'm sure you're using gold pipes etc etc. There are definitely issues with his forceloader and other BC stuff in the same chunk.

Are gold pipes a bad idea? :(

• I get this error. I changed the block ID but I don't know what's happening. I put the .class files into my .jar through mcpatcher.

Hehe old energy coupler :D Wait for update!
    Buildcraft energy -> ic energy = 18 combustion engines - 512 eu/t output =win.

• Works for me (at the moment).

Attention: LV coupler works. HV (and probably MV too) turns into a LV coupler upon placing, costing you a diamond!

This probably has to do with it being the same block ID. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you break the block or wrench it? I think I found a bug while porting to IC2 1.23 that will drop an LV Coupler no matter what you had when breaking. But you should be able to wrench it and get the correct block. I will hopefully have it corrected in the next update.

Edit: Ooops, i misread the comment. That'll teach be to multi-task. I don't know the reason why it's not placing the correct block in SMP.

• Did you break the block or wrench it? I think I found a bug while porting to IC2 1.23 that will drop an LV Coupler no matter what you had when breaking. But you should be able to wrench it and get the correct block. I will hopefully have it corrected in the next update.

Edit: Ooops, i misread the comment. That'll teach be to multi-task. I don't know the reason why it's not placing the correct block in SMP.

Just tested it, wrenching it does not change anything other than the orientation. I had a full MFSU applying power to it and it only drew 32eu. Also, it draws power even if it's not outputting.

• Hey i am just trying to figure out how to install this mod. do i just put it in the mod folder or in the jar for industrial craft or in the minecraft jar.

• Ok, I think I've got everything ironed out with regards to IC 1.23 and BC 2.2.3. Version 0.18 should now be compatible. Please remember though, this isn't quite stable yet, so back up your saves.

• Turns out power crystal's Engine Generator does the same thing. (IC 2.3, BC 2.2.3, not tested on previous versions)
    BC api thing I guess.

It's because of the way BC Engines work. BC Engines only output power when the piston is fully extended. So when you have an engine connected directly to an LV Coupler like in the picture above, you will get a sudden 32EU burst for one tick when the piston is fully extended, and 0EUs for everything else. Because the meter reads the average over a certain amount of ticks, the avg will be skewed. Wooden Power pipes work differently. They take the full amount from the engine, but spread the output over time to make the pipe appear to be transfering energy while the engine piston is moving back for another output. You can see the effect by watching your batbox. When the engine is directly connected, you'll get 32EU bursts, but when connected to pipes the EUs will steadily trickle in.

• I am having problems with the block id clashing with the portal mod so I changed the id then it clashes with another mod and then I change it again and then it clashes with another mod and so on. Here are my mods

If someone could help me with giving me an id that i could use thx.

• It's because of the way BC Engines work. BC Engines only output power when the piston is fully extended. So when you have an engine connected directly to an LV Coupler like in the picture above, you will get a sudden 32EU burst for one tick when the piston is fully extended, and 0EUs for everything else. Because the meter reads the average over a certain amount of ticks, the avg will be skewed. Wooden Power pipes work differently. They take the full amount from the engine, but spread the output over time to make the pipe appear to be transfering energy while the engine piston is moving back for another output. You can see the effect by watching your batbox. When the engine is directly connected, you'll get 32EU bursts, but when connected to pipes the EUs will steadily trickle in.

Convincingly stated but it doesn't explain why a directly connected iron engine won't even fill a batbox, while one on pipes will fill 5+