Mk5-CASUC 640 eu/tick 4.27 eff with redpower 2 pre3b (Outdated does not work properly on 1.0)

• Can you post a world with this on it as the schematic is not working for me. Awesome designs by the way.

Updated first post with my test world. Also includes the older reactors which i blew up for fun after i didnt needed them anymore. Reactors are located in the desert near the spawn.

Btw for ppl worrying about lag issues iam sure this reactor lags alot less than having 1280 solar panels.

• Updated first post with my test world. Also includes the older reactors which i blew up for fun after i didnt needed them anymore. Reactors are located in the desert near the spawn.

Btw for ppl worrying about lag issues iam sure this reactor lags alot less than having 1280 solar panels.

Couldn't agree more, not to mention that its cheaper and the fact that it is only in one chunk allows for much greater lag control with the render distance settings.

I mean, if my crappy hp computer can handle 16 running at the same time and still be mildly reasonable, I'm pretty sure everyone else will be fine with just 1.

I actually have been looking more into breeding and may make a CASUC reactor that breeds at a higher heat than 6000 using the filling information I've aquired through testing, but I don't plan on doing an OVER 9000!!!!! reactor until I'm a little more sure that alblaka either is or is not going to include heat measuring machines with the computer stuff. If he does and they can control redstone (I assume they probably will), CASUC breeder heat management will be a piece of cake.

Still, a 6000+ heat reactor with this pattern (don't worry about the external options, i didn't mess with them much): http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…d=1a101010011010101r01019

ought to breed 40 uranium in a whole cycle, while only taking 10, leaving 30 for the 640 EU/t pattern we've been using, although if one of you could verify my math that'd be great, as I'm obviously still new to the breeding stuff. I believe that at 9000+ heat it breeds 80? if so that'd be fantastic if it worked.

Like I said earlier though, I'm really looking forward to a machine which can measure the tempature and control redstone based off the results. If it can, the easiest, fastest thing to change the heating would be pistons controlling whether there are air blocks or normal blocks around the reactor, then water blocks, then whether there's lava. In addition, you could also always change the rate of buckets going in, pull out or put in a cooling cell or reactor plate (for a .1 change), etc. I REALLY hope that heat measurement was included in what alblaka meant in his blog post.

• @glasstables

Yepp Math is right.
    @4k heat = 4.5 + 2 + 7.5 + 6 = 20 cells / cycle [ 2 swaps mid-cycle]
    @6k heat = 9 + 4 + 15 + 12 = 40 cells / cycle [ 7 swaps mid-cycle]
    @9k heat = 18 + 8 + 30 + 24 = 80 cells / cycle [14 swaps mid-cycle]

80 cells from 10 would be pretty amazing :P [The # of swaps might be off they were just quick guesses in my head]

• What mods are you using? I have technic pack v4 but cannot get your pipes/deployers and what not to display.

I am trying to make a design similar to this, but I cannot get any of my pipes to connect to the nuclear reactor to put in water buckets/take out buckets. How are you doing this?

• @glasstables

Yepp Math is right.
    @4k heat = 4.5 + 2 + 7.5 + 6 = 20 cells / cycle [ 2 swaps mid-cycle]
    @6k heat = 9 + 4 + 15 + 12 = 40 cells / cycle [ 7 swaps mid-cycle]
    @9k heat = 18 + 8 + 30 + 24 = 80 cells / cycle [14 swaps mid-cycle]

80 cells from 10 would be pretty amazing :P [The # of swaps might be off they were just quick guesses in my head]

Good, thanks a bunch for checking that for me. I got 8 for the number of swaps. That's a bit over the top, but hey, for a return of 80 for 10... and 80 for one cycle... that'd be pretty amazing. I mean it isn't nearly as hard to get an equivilant 8 for 1, but I figure that if I'm gonna have a super reactor, I'm gonna want a super breeder to power it. However, like I said, I'm gonna just go for the 40 first, because it'd be pretty hard to get the 80 to work I think. It might also be pretty hard to get the 80 to work if the redstone and reactor ever load at different times, but according to your tests with the sequencer it would seem that that isn't an issue, right? So everything should be calculable (how long it will have to increase it's heat after swapping stuff in order to be back at the proper heat). Should be interesting...

On another, less related note though I don't plan on tackling this soon, too much craziness with a new legit world. ever heard of the plains seed? I never had either, and put it in just for fun, but apparently it's well known, go ahead and try it if you want the hardest place to have a legit world ever (at least for industrial craft). I was doing pretty well till i realized i had no rubber, and thus realized I'd have to travel really far to get it. I figured it wouldn't be a problem though with the nether! boy was I wrong... 11000 blocks traveled (real world) and several portals later, I finally struck land.

Edit: not sure about the number of swaps actually because of how some are surrounded by 3, rather than 2 or 4.

Edit 2: you were right, it's 14 swaps, although I think it actually may be 13 because one of the swaps for the ones surrounded by 3 should coincide with EVERYTHING during the swap for everything at the half cycle, because their recharge time is 1/6 of a cycle.

• btw, does anyone know the specific heat at which reactors start creating lava and/or fire? it'd be really helpful to know whether it was useful for such hot breeders, as I already know that water will already evaporate before 9000 heat on a 4 chamber reactor, although it will probably still be useful for detecting whether a 6000 heat reactor has gone too far.

Edit: also, does anyone know if deployers can use screwdrivers to change the orientation of things, or for that matter wrenches as well? and finally if they can place tile entities? could lead to some interesting machinery... and maybe help with improving the reactor stuff, although for now I only have fairly abstract plans for it, not real uses.

• At 85% of max heat lava will start to appear. Max heat of a reactor is 10k + 1k for each chamber and 100 for each plating.

Deployers do everything a player does by right clicking i have even seen them filling buckets with a BC tank. So ye that would mean fully automatic wheat farms for instance.

• btw, does anyone know the specific heat at which reactors start creating lava and/or fire? it'd be really helpful to know whether it was useful for such hot breeders, as I already know that water will already evaporate before 9000 heat on a 4 chamber reactor, although it will probably still be useful for detecting whether a 6000 heat reactor has gone too far.

Edit: also, does anyone know if deployers can use screwdrivers to change the orientation of things, or for that matter wrenches as well? and finally if they can place tile entities? could lead to some interesting machinery... and maybe help with improving the reactor stuff, although for now I only have fairly abstract plans for it, not real uses.

Sadly, depoloyers don't seem to be able to use screwdrivers or wrenches :(
    I was going to have a deployer use a screwdriver on another deployer equipped with a wrench to break down generators.
    [I was preparing to be entertained, but sadly nothing happened.] Trying them separately with just a wrench / screwdriver on another device didn't work either.

Nice idea though :) would have been entertaining ;)

• I got a idea for a nice timer system so you know when your uranium cells are used up. If you calculate how many buckets you would need to cool 1 cycle then you can use a counter to show how far your reactor is on its cycle. Advantages vs a conventional timer will be:
    -turning the reactor off wont screw the timing that much (that external cooling is so low it wont really matter only during really long pauses)
    -Could be used for automated refueling (through then we should be able to fill the whole reactor too instead of only top rows)

It should be pretty accurate if you did your maths well.

• I got a idea for a nice timer system so you know when your uranium cells are used up. If you calculate how many buckets you would need to cool 1 cycle then you can use a counter to show how far your reactor is on its cycle. Advantages vs a conventional timer will be:
    -turning the reactor off wont screw the timing that much (that external cooling is so low it wont really matter only during really long pauses)
    -Could be used for automated refueling (through then we should be able to fill the whole reactor too instead of only top rows)

It should be pretty accurate if you did your maths well.

A word about automated refilling. [Yeah I was annoyed with the way reactors interact with Buildcraft/Redpower2 as well, only filling the top slot, so I fixed it. :P]
    Seems to be working... I thought something might have gotten screwed up in the recompiling process (or I might have missed some interaction and the reactor isn't working as intended). I might release it as an add-on, if anyone's interested / after I double-check the add-on policy to make sure I wouldn't be in violation since I made small modifications to 2 IC class files.

Edit: Lol, I went to stress-test the fix with an unusual pattern of buckets (just to make sure it worked) and um, it empties buckets [via heat] in a weird pattern (like blinking christmas lights)... So I'll have to figure out what's up with that [but I mean, other then that it appears to be working... but the power generation could be completely fuxxored and I wouldn't know]
    --- If someone could give me some tips on how to decompile/recompile just the 2 class files involved, I'd appreciate it. [I'd rather avoid MCP if possible (it likes to garble some of the stuff), and javac throws errors when I try to use that to compile w/o MCP]
    Edit2: Testing with rows of buckets, it works like "normal" so I'm going to guess any weird "randomness" of bucket "blinking" is the default behavior of the reactor :)

• Thanks Rick, I like your reactor :P
    I copied some of your ideas and I'm currently trying to get my own reactor to work :)

You're awesome :D

:Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal:

I'm trying hard, but I can't grant, that my english does not affect your health ...
    Also I can't grant any content I posted to be correct.

:Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal:

• SCHEMATIC, Y U NO INCLUDE REDPOWER MACHINES? Can I have a fix for this?

The schematic does include redpower machines (or the last version of it I tried did). My guess is you have different block IDs for machines then he did (cos I know the redpower light blocks were all screwed up for me). Idk how to fix this problem.