[MAP] ice machine :-)

• ok, i've created an !SIMPLE! ice-machine-map, i think it's self explaining :)
    not the best method, but it works :)

mods:
    industrial craft² ( :rolleyes: )
    redpower
    buildcraft

switch the three levers and see how it works!

! Map Download !

move if this is the wrong section! ;)

edit: i know that buildcraft bucket filler + automatic crafting tables is better, but didn't works for me :(

• Gus: Who are you talking to?
    Chode: Uh, ship's recorder.
    Gus: Oh, it's broken.
    Chode: Then what the hell have you been fixing these past two days?
    Gus: The trans-digital freon convertor.
    Chode: And what's that for?
    Gus: It makes ice cubes.
    Chode: You mean to tell me that with all the crap that's broken on this ship you start with the ****ing ice machine?

• I can't seem to open this map without Minecraft crashing. Do you mind posting some screenshots that show how it works?

EDIT:

Aha. I think I know now how you did this. You use an IndustrialCraft pump to suck in water from an infinite supply, which fills empty cells to make water cells. Water cells can be placed in a compressor, making snowballs, which can themselves be compressed into ice. It seems like it'd use a lot of tin, though. One tin every four blocks of ice means a lot of tin if you're making an ice based CASUC reactor. Is there another way to do this, or a way to easily get tin?

• Yes, there is, if you use MineFactory Reloaded - you could use the Weather Collector to make snowballs. Not sure what that all entails or how to integrate it with BC and IC.

• Yes, there is, if you use MineFactory Reloaded - you could use the Weather Collector to make snowballs. Not sure what that all entails or how to integrate it with BC and IC.

I just tried this, and I can't seem to get MineFactory Reloaded machines to work with Buildcraft engines, even though it says they use them. *Shrug*. Equivalent Exchange seems to work well with automating the process, however. Obsidian Aggregators -> Lapis Lazuli -> Ice -> CASUC.

• OMG - you're trading Lapis for ICE? Man, if you have BC, you can make ice for FREE, all you need is the BucketFiller addon. At worst, it'll cost you tin for cells (they don't clog the compressor like buckets might).
    You'll have a WaterGenerator to make infinite water, pump it into the self-poowered bucket filler and output the cells into the compressor. Viola, free ice.

• Erm... Like I said, this is using Equivalent Exchange (version 4) Obsidian Aggregators, which can be set up to power themselves and produce extra Obsidian. Obsidian can be used with Automatic Crafting Tables (thank you Buildcraft), to make Lapis, which can then be turned into ice. This doesn't cost you anything after you set it up, and is a free source of ice. I also mentioned using Empty Cells to make ice above, but have already dismissed that idea as it requires four tin for every ice, which is an unacceptable cost. Furthermore, I really don't want to install anymore mods than I currently have, since adding more tends to mess up my Minecraft world and forces me to remove the new mods.

• So do you still need BuildCraft to move the snowballs from the output of the first compressor into the input of the second? Or is there a means solely within IC2 to do so?