[IC² BUG] MFS Unit not craftable?

• Hello IC² Team!

I seem to be unable to craft an MFS Unit, which is kind of annoying since I invested quite some recources into the components.
    I looked up the recipe both on the wiki and inside risugamis Recipe Book, but when I place the components on the crafting table the MFS does not appear in the product slot.

The recipeIused:

Lap | AvC | Lap
    -------------------
    Lap| MFE | Lap
    ------------------
    Lap | AvM | Lap

"Lap" being a Lapotron Crystal, "AvC" being an advanced Circuit and "AvM" being an Advanced Machine Block.

Either i'm dumb and missed something obvious or there's something wrong with the MFS crafting.

• You mean you wanted to craft a MFS unit? Because the recipe there should make a MFS unit, and it contains a MFE unit as you see.
    And yes, you are right. It doesn't work for me neither.

• I cheated the lapatron crystals in a way that makes them the same as the crafted ones. Still don't work for me at least, and it seems the OP didn't cheat them in.

• @Dwerg: Oh, yep sorry I meant the MFS - I've corrected my post.

@Ranakastrasz: Yes, I crafted them from charged Energy Crystals - I don't have TMI installed.

craft them from uncharged crystals. The charged crystals give 10% charged laptrons, which irritatingly cannot be used for an MFSU, as much as many people think they should be, or that charged crystals could not be used to make laptrons.

• I can see why someone would want to save 1M eU; however this seems like such a horrid trap that I'm amazed the recipe exists to allow it. You'd think the energy could at least be discharged in to an MassFab first. (Or maybe the models should be altered to allow MFEs to discharge 10% charged lapotron crystals)

• I second that. I just made a Mass Fabricator with an uncharged Lapraton, while it didn't work with a former one, that was partially charged due to being made of a charged energy crystal.
    This is very strange and should be changed.

• Then it is NO issue. Sorry, I forgot to mention, that I'm still running on 1.15.
    I had problems installing the newer Version and since I was in IC-fever I reverted to my backup and continued building :) instead of trying to fingure it out.

• Playing on my personal server using 1.8.1 I'm unable to craft an MFE unit, also meaning I can't craft the MFSU. Is this an SMP problem or is anyone experiencing this in SSP also? Are there any workarounds? I also haven't tried crafting the MFE with charged energy crystals, does that make a difference?

Edit: I've tried putting an energy crystal in a batbox to charge it but nothing happens.

• MFE can be crafted with completly uncharged crystals... exept if you cheated them with TMI or /give

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• cheated items have other damage level than used in recipe ones, uncharging them a bit gets them damaged, then they act like regular, non-cheated

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy