• it is not so much an even amount of junk. with advanced insertion pipes there is no need to give them an even amount. the junk will just cycle round until it meets a recycler that can accept it.

If you really want to give recyclers an even amount of junk go for distribution pipes, then you can assign even ratios for each recycler (takes forever, really boring :( ) so that your request works. However the only issue with this is that they don't take into account different types of junk, so if the distribution pipe decided a plank was to go into a recycler that was currently doing a large batch of cobblestone, it would pop out, unlike with advanced insertion pipes.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• it is not so much an even amount of junk. with advanced insertion pipes there is no need to give them an even amount. the junk will just cycle round until it meets a recycler that can accept it.

If you really want to give recyclers an even amount of junk go for distribution pipes, then you can assign even ratios for each recycler (takes forever, really boring :( ) so that your request works. However the only issue with this is that they don't take into account different types of junk, so if the distribution pipe decided a plank was to go into a recycler that was currently doing a large batch of cobblestone, it would pop out, unlike with advanced insertion pipes.

Yeah, for recyclers, it doesn't really matter what goes where... just loop some adv. insertion pipes. For other stuff, I use a hybrid, so I can still get an even distribution without any out-poppage. The group of extractors in this pic has both an adv. insertion pipe ring, and distribution pipes to even the initial load.

I sorta just went the lazy rote in my current game. 4 recyclers in a line with advanced insertion on the top and the advanced wooden in the back. Regular wooden wouldn't pull the scrap out there and I wanted something compact.
    I've only seen it overflow on odd occasions when it shouldn't, Like when i'm not there and the chunk's being kept loaded by a chunkloader. (this is SMP)

• Yeah, for recyclers, it doesn't really matter what goes where... just loop some adv. insertion pipes. For other stuff, I use a hybrid, so I can still get an even distribution without any out-poppage. The group of extractors in this pic has both an adv. insertion pipe ring, and distribution pipes to even the initial load.

Wow I just noticed this, I love the fact you're using a mini-Recyclonator layout, the Advanced Insertion Pipe ring system I found works very very well, however it is prone to overloading your CPU with too many items in there, but I can't say I really ever hit that point (if you can load enough items to overload that many recyclers you need to reconsider your life anyway)

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Wow I just noticed this, I love the fact you're using a mini-Recyclonator layout, the Advanced Insertion Pipe ring system I found works very very well, however it is prone to overloading your CPU with too many items in there, but I can't say I really ever hit that point (if you can load enough items to overload that many recyclers you need to reconsider your life anyway)

I have a chest that most stuff goes into (pumped out by a wooden pipe/redstone engine) that then dumps into a transposer. If I really have a lot of crap to recycle (usually snowballs, since my base is in a snow biome, and they pop off of stuff constantly), I'll just throw whole stacks onto the transposer. That way instead of 16 or 64 separate items in the pipes/tubes, you just have stack items circulating, which is much less laggy.