UUmater created dye pack / dyes

• There are four items that are either needlessly rare, or impossible to come by in survival mode. It would be great if they could all be created (either directly or indirectly via a secondary yield recipe) out of UUmater.

Possibly it's just easiest to insert four new UU recipes which would create:

Red dye
    Yellow dye
    Cocco beans (I think they're used directly?)
    Bone meal (it's used directly and a non-passive/neutral mob drop)

It would also be nice to create ink-sacks since killing squid to get them does not seem fun (and, if even possible, farming the squid adds more annoyance than fun)

Actually this is almost a requirement, as mobs are scarce and non-renewable resources in 1.8.1

• so this confirms that Matter can't be used to make bones/bonemeal eh?

I really would like to be able to make Bones/Bonemeal from it, solely to automate my tree farm.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• red & yellow dye? rare? not likely!
    maybe black and coco but sure not those 2
    for bones, theres awesome mobfarms (buildcraft ftw)

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Red and yellow die require a lot of effort to find and/or produce; if I spend more time to find it than to cultivate industrial diamonds I consider it rare; besides there are absolutely no balance issues I'm aware of.

The bonemeal is an issue for non-mobs worlds. (Which due to endermen being crazy in 1.8.1, which this still is, I have turned off; other's may simply prefer peaceful.)

• might as well use TMI for peacefull :D
    and endermen aint crazy. i never actually saw more than one in my world, normal mode, havent done any damage to surroundings, just carried some stupid dirt he found.
    and they are pretty easy to kill safely anyways, tesla coils, laser, other gun-mods...
    srsly - bonemeal on grass = flowers ( not always tho )
    and if you actually cultivating diamonds then... well you might TMI it as well :D

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Wow lucky you.

We deal with roaming mobs of them consistently, and finding a Mobspawner for skeletons is hell sometimes, we still haven't been able to find one.

I need large volumes of bonemeal for my tree farm personally.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• yeah it's really awesome seed :)
    and it's called "neweden", really it just justifies it's name :)
    entrance in ENORMOUS cave just minute away from first spawn, first spawn on a rubber tree, gorgeous mounains and spikes all over the place, beautiful desert at west and nice island on east :D

• The fact that your worlds happen to work for that or that you want to install those other mods doesn't change the basic premise or address why exchanging /uu mater/ for dye is a bad idea. It seems obvious to me that even one UU for one bone or bone-meal would still be more than balanced (look at the difference in potential energy). I don't know where the balance point would be, but it still sounds like a great idea to trade game energy for /my own time/.

• i'm not saying it's bad
    i'm just saying it's not rare :)
    but if you want it that bad - i give it +1 anyway
    i'm intrested maybe in coco and ink , that's still part of your proposition 8o

• Official Post

Afaik the only rare natural dye2 you cannot create with UUM yet are black dye and cocoa beans.
    Will add those 2 with a cheap UUm recipe (no reason to make them extraordinary expensive). Exspecially since painting a load of CF-Blocks black to create stylish and functional streets would take loooooooooads of hunting squids.

• Also a great idea, however the other items are still impossibly rare if mobs are turned off. Surely I am not the only one who has done so, though my anti-endermen reason needn't be the only one for doing so. Without mobs there are no bones, without bones the other listed items are still rare (and lightening the other dyes is impossible). Being able to synthesize bones would also be challenging since you'd need lots of power to do so with any kind of speed.

• Afaik the only rare natural dye2 you cannot create with UUM yet are black dye and cocoa beans.
    Will add those 2 with a cheap UUm recipe (no reason to make them extraordinary expensive). Exspecially since painting a load of CF-Blocks black to create stylish and functional streets would take loooooooooads of hunting squids.

*runs off to test recipes for Bonemeal*

• IIRC, uu-mater recipes are shape dependent (not shapeless), so that gives you 2^9 possibilities (512 combinations); not even considering using uu-mater to alter existing matter.

*edit, uu-mater

• IIRC, uu-mater recipes are shape dependent (not shapeless), so that gives you 2^9 possibilities (512 combinations); not even considering using uu-mater to alter existing matter.

*edit, uu-mater

Then I better get started.

• Then I better get started.

Do let me know if you happen to find one. I expect you to find all the recipes that are listed by the recipe book mod, but I did not happen to see one for bone-meal or bones during a quick check this morning.

• Official Post

Then I better get started.

Do let me know if you happen to find one. I expect you to find all the recipes that are listed by the recipe book mod, but I did not happen to see one for bone-meal or bones during a quick check this morning.[/quote]
    Then you must have missed it, as bones were one of the main reasons to implement UUM. And since we C&Pd the UUM recipes from IC1...

Then you must have missed it, as bones were one of the main reasons to implement UUM. And since we C&Pd the UUM recipes from IC1...

I just checked, 1057 pages with 6 items, 1 page with 1 item: Thank you ever so much redpower2 for 6000 recipes shifting blocks around. Well, aside from those it was nice to see the various things that might be useful.

Of those pages, I saw a number of uu-mater recipes all together in a sequence. For the sake of saving anyone else who's not yet spoiled it I'll partly obscure the number. I the number of uu-mater recipes I saw involving uu-mater from 1.23 was a perfect square (eg, 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 42, 64); none of them were bonemeal. Unless that recipe is removed/somehow doesn't work on peaceful it isn't in the recipe book.

If you do happen to know that recipe, maybe from IC1, please do try it out again (just to verify the result is still valid, not to actually produce the item).