[Suggestion] Iron Chests

• So with the latest set of bugfixes the most dire and damaging to my creations was actually the fix to personal safes. A personal safe allowed machines that used chests as an overflow prevention to be stacked closer together (since they don't link and store 2x as much). This allowed my machines to go from 17 long to a mere 10 in some areas. It was a grave boost to miniaturization.

However the bug fix keeps BC pipes from putting items into or pulling items out of Personal Safes, because of this all my currently crafted machines are worthless because they cannot move items past the chests (or from the initial chest) anymore..

So here's my suggestion, one of two things:
    1) Implement an Iron Chest, that does what a Personal Safe used to except not Personal, just double storage for 1 space, no connect.
    or
    2) Make it so that Personal Safes can be made not Personal and be able to be pulled from. Either through config or otherwise.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Agreed... because I find that the only way to increase storage capacity in IC^2 is via personal chests...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• makes sense in terms of usability
    +1

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Glad to see some support, its just a minor thing that I feel is vitally important. It makes machine layouts sooo much simpler when you don't have to worry about crossing chests or putting stuff above them accidentally.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Bumping this, the lack of the ability to pull from Personal Chests is still vitally hindering my systems from working ingame.

I figure the code shouldn't be too difficult for a new chest, and the Iron Chests MUST retain the ability to be opened with something above them.

• This would be invaluable, as this huge storage would also be invaluable on my server, which although we do have access to personal chests, there is no way to use them at this time due to the inability to have resources be shared, or even viewed while inside.

• This would be invaluable, as this huge storage would also be invaluable on my server, which although we do have access to personal chests, there is no way to use them at this time due to the inability to have resources be shared, or even viewed while inside.

Yea I went to construct my automated Warehouse today (it has buttons for you to call items using pipes!) and realized I couldn't pull from Personal Chests, so I was depressed realizing I needed twice the space to construct it =(

• This deserves a bump. I definitely want this. I did not know that this was a problem, but I was GOING to set up a system like this, and iron chests would be SO helpful. (It would help that all players could use it)

+1

The best part about IC is being able to force the server admin to buy power from your capitalist nuclear enterprise