[Suggestion] CF Sprayer backpack

• First time poster, long time reader.

First a massive thank you for creating the mod, has really brought my SMP server alive for my small group of friends.

Suggestion:

A backpack which can hold more carbon foam (preferably in pellet form) for reloading the CF sprayer.

Reason: I've fallen in love with the CF sprayer as a way of coating tunnels and caves for that evil genius lair look - works really well once you start splashing a bit of paint about the place in your underground nuclear facility. We've also taken to spraying the walls of old quarrys to make huge fluid reservoirs (oil, water, lava, whatever) - yeah, sometimes I've resorted to mcedit to get more oil once we've burned our supply rather than having to expand the world through exlporation in order to find more. Obviously we prefer legit, so the materials required in Cf coating the quarry walls first are the price we paid.

Needless to say, it takes a LOT of reloads to do a job that large!

Would possibly require a new machine to allow backpack charging - charging from an batbox/MFE/MFSU makes no sense. Either that or perhaps make the pack single use.

Thank you for taking the time to read this - anyone else on board with it?

• A backpack that stores CF Pellets for large scale spraying operations would be highly welcome to me. I burn through that stuff constantly.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• new machine? good old canning machine will do just fine
    +1, just finished building pvp arena with this stuff :D

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• CF sprayer 101:

1. Find clay, mine it, reform into blocks and macerate into clay dust.
    2. Craft 3 foam from redstone+coal dust+clay dust +bucket of water/water cell (shapeless recipe)
    3. Blocks can be placed as is, but much better is...
    4. Compress CF foam blocks into pellets to use with CF sprayer.
    5. Reload options - either one by one or 8 at a time using crafting bench)
    6. Spray foam, it splats out 13 blocks per spray maximum and tries to follow existing edges (beware, you can fall through on floors and it will drown you)
    7. Let it set (light helps it's chances to set more quickly)
    8. Add a touch of colour with a painter dyed with your choice of fabulous colours or leave as is.
    9. Wall is creeper blast resistant, stylish and come with a wipe-clean finish =]

A great fun tool, perfect for quick mob defense (although the redstone requirement makes it a little pointless for that as you'll have loads of cobble for walls) or a spot of comedy pvp drownings.

It's only problem is low ammo count, which makes large spray jobs a pain as you constantly have to run back to a bench to reload - hence the suggestion.

• Official Post

I see, the low ammo count could pose a problem.
    Afaik i've got two options now:
    1. CF Batpack
    2. Increasing the amoung of spray a sprayer can hold

In case of 1 we got two choices of how to load the batpack:
    1. Canner (some new code ned)
    2. by crafting (hundreds of recipes ned >.>

Guess i will have to go for 1-1, damn crafting system.

• I like complex long boring recipes. You got 2 choices. 1 Do it hard and long way. Or 2 Use BC if you to lazy to make a factory <3

Anything painful long and etc I think is worth but I do want to see a backpack as a new item more items ftw :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• long and boring recipes? go make couple hundred batbox+windmill combos, should be enough boring for ya :D

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy