Support Request: Nuclear reactor producing no power [solved]

• My reactor has 5 chambers. it has 2x squares of water surrounding it on 3 sides except for the entrance into the reactor chamber. It has 4x Insulated cable running up the top chamber to a HV Transformer.

When I inserted some Uranium I got no power. I checked the cable connected to the reactor for a current but there wasn't any. I tried removing all the internal cooling to the point the reactor was smoking but it still wasn't producing any power.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: It's a bug.

• it's wired to a storage device right?

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• It should be wired to an MV transformer, the high side, and the low side of the MV transformer to the MFE. Make sure the transformer is not redstone powered.

• that's MV transformer's switch is off, right? and incoming is wired into 3-dots?

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Is there anything at all that could be sending a redstone (on) charge to /any/ part of the reactor? That will stop Uranium ticks (but not any other heating elements)

• Unlikely. However to be safe please do the following.

1) Remove all fuel from your reactor.
    2) deconstruct the entire electric grid between your reactor and the first storage unit.
    2.b) Also deconstruct said storage unit.

3) Carefully placing the items back together so that you are sure the faces work out:
    a. Count the cable sections in each segment.
    b. Make sure that the high voltage (3 dot) face of your transformers is facing correctly.
    c. Make sure that your initial off-reactor storage can sink (in a tick) the full reactor's output for that tick. The transformers won't buffer, and even if they did, the reactors tick 20 times for each of their pulses and then stop.

Return to us when you can describe what A, B, and C, are.

It may also help to mock up your reactor using the tools in the Nuclear Engineering part of the forums.

• There are 7 glass fiber cables between the reactor and the MFSU. Which IS facing the right way. There is no redstone anywhere near the reactor, it is encased in water, iron, and obsidian.

It will still produce no power when I insert uranium cells into it.

• Confirmed. It's a bug.

I hooked it up to an MFEU I installed in another part of my base a long time ago and it started producing power.

So there's some sort of bug where the reactor won't recognize any new storage units, since any I place down and connect power generators to don't get charged.

Goddamned.

• Reactor containment chamber made from iron lulz?

Make sure you wire it correctly then it will work. Transformers output/input higher voltage from the 3 dots and lower voltage from the 1 dot sides. With redstone power you can change whether it will transform it to higher voltage or to lower voltage.

• Signed up just because I've got the same problem. No matter what cable or order i put the MFU and Transformer in, I get no power at all from the running reactor.

I have TMI, RP, BC, and Optifine installed. Wonder if the other mods are conflicting?

• I can tell you from experience that this IS bugged.

The fix I found was don't have the power cable come out from the bottom only - also have it come out from the side.

• Reactor containment chamber made from iron lulz?

That's just asthetics. The reactor is surrounded by a 6x7x7 box of obsidian. Also, wiring is correct. It's bugged.

I can tell you from experience that this IS bugged.

The fix I found was don't have the power cable come out from the bottom only - also have it come out from the side.

I installed Industrial Craft as part of the Technic Pack, so it could be as a result of mod conflict. I'll try this.