[Challenge] Aliens Survival map

• (Realised I'd posted it in the wrong subchannel, figure this is best place?)

A quick and dirty survival challenge map idea for you guys to download and enjoy.
    This is my first challenge map and I've decided to do something a little different from all the limited resource type maps.
    If you do accept the challenge, please post screenies or vid caps of your adventures below - I look forward to reading them!

Required MC version: 1.8.1
    Required Mods: IC2 1.23
    Optional Mods: Buildcraft 2.2.4 recommended as the map was generated with this installed. Anything else is up to you.

Download Link: (unzip into your minecraft saves folder)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12714486/Alien.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12714486/Alien%20v2.zip <--- version 2 has a slightly improved ship with piston doors

Mission Statement:

Oh noes!

Captain Steve has crash landed his shuttle on an alien planet during an intersellar hunt for more ore!
    Knowing that he may have to wait months for a rescue ship to arrive, Captain Steve needs to follow his trusty survival manual for instructions:

1. Your ship is your life - protect it at all costs from all alien life forms. If they enter the ship, it will be contaminated.
    2. The personal safes onboard yourship contain tools and equipment, use your inital energy reserves wisely as it will take time to rebuild them.
    3. Use the CF sprayer to construct a simple shelter, it should protect you from the elements and hostile lifeforms.
    4. Once you have alternate shelter, the ship may be canabalised for spare parts. All components must be removed before you dismantle the hull for safety reasons.
    5. Construct and supply power to a teleport pad to allow the mother ship to beam you back up once it arrives.

Hardcore Rules:

1. All shelters must be airtight (double door airlocks only) to prevent contamination. Energy cabling or buildcraft pipes are allowed to pierce the walls.
    2. Captain Steve can only venture outside if he has energy in his quantum helmet and either a backpack or quantum armour on. THE HELMET MUST HAVE ENERGY.
    3. To avoid illness, Captain Steve can only eat food which has been grown within a sealed biosphere once his inital tinned food supplies run out.
    4. Any and all supplies taken from the alien world (including seeds, animal products and all other organic material and metallic compounds) MUST pass through a decontamination room before being used inside a shelter (I'll leave it to the RPers among you to decide how this should be accomplished).

If anyone would like to suggest alternative or additional rules, feel free.

I'm aware that the initial gear is very hi-tech and over-powered, the idea is that even with the lapotron crystals, Captain Steve will have a difficult time of things once his initial energy reserves in his suit run out because they can't be recharged by the MFE. Using the Q-suit's abilities will obviously just drain it faster...

PICS FOR CLICKS:

• Yeah, noticed that upon playing it myself.
    Think it might be an issue that I TMI'd the chest items in creative where I built the ship template.
    At least you still have the pellets and can very easily build another sprayer.

Looking forward to seeing any screenies of your first shelters - the sprayer creates some really unique looking structures!

• Hi,
    your map is great! But I found out that the teleporter doesn't work.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    ^^^ AmDLMdd supports experiments ^^^

• ...as in you built a teleporter and expected it to already be linked to somewhere?

That was fluff my friend, pure fluff =]

I ment that the frequency transmitter didn't work.
    Now that is a true fluff on your part

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the

• Well, looks like TMI'ing in the chest items in creative mode was really a bad idea =[

I'll look into uploading a version with the items crafted rather than conjured up, see if that makes a difference.

• nvm