[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• Just wondering might be a bug or me being stupid but the power output from multiple fusion reactors can run through a glass fibre cable i'm reading 900eu/t and the cable is still intact?

• Just wondering might be a bug or me being stupid but the power output from multiple fusion reactors can run through a glass fibre cable i'm reading 900eu/t and the cable is still intact?

Try reading the forums or even possibly the wiki for a change.

repeat after me: the EU a cable can carry is per *PACKET* not total. aka: it's perfectly possible for glass fiber cable to carry that much as it's only taking 120 or 30 EU/t packets.

• Wasn't any need to be like that i was just asking, and how can you turn the fusion reactors off?

• I tried to install this mod but it won't work properly. I'm running into the same issue as Nocturnalponcho, meaning the mod loads, i can get the blocks and items in creative mode but they are unnamed and won't show up in NEI and can't be crafted. I'm on Ubuntu 10.11, and I'm running the mod-pack Tekkit + Logistic pipes.
    Here are the included mods. (Bottom of the page)
    Here are the Block IDs.
    Logistic Pipes uses no Block IDs.
    I also used NEI to make sure the Block IDs are actually unused before using them. And I changed the item IDs to be on the safe side.
    I tried downgrading to v0.84 but had the same issue.

Here I'm are some Fusion Reactor and a Laser Rangefinder:

Can't craft a Parachute:

Doesn't show up in NEI but in creative:

Attached are the ModLoader.txt and the RocketScience.cfg. (Renamed to RocketScience.cfg.txt so I could attach it.)

• I can't get the empty cells out of the isotopic seperator with buildcraft pipes or redpower machines =/

• Can anyone please Post a Minecraft server1.1 jar?
    I can't find any in the Internet.
    JL

• its illegal to share the jar file so just go on the pirate bay or some other site like that xD

• If anyone has a problem where the Items from this addon cannot be crafted or seen in NEI add a z to rocketscience.jar, that fixes it

Where should I add a Z???

• Hi :)

I want to show you an idea I had, when running some fusion reactors on my server. Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I still want to show it to you.

First thing is, that the way it functions is a bit to simple (imo), how about setting the reactor up like the nuclear reactor in IC2, but with a bigger energy output and different components and setups? This option would also require the cooling of the reactor of course, but would also make it more variable in the way you can run it :)

Running the reactor could look like this:

The neibour tritium and deuterium cell are considered "connected" and performing the fusion reaction producing energy. The right setup with the 4 deuterium-cells will produce much more energy (and heat!) but the central tritium cell will also deplete 4 times faster then the surrounding cells (fusion works at a 1:1 ratio :) ) The surrounding lithium cells are bred into He3-tritium cells, which can be put in the isotope separator to get a new tritium cell :) Tritium of course breeds a lithium cell faster then deuterium does.

You can also use deuterium cells only, but this will be much less efficient... on the other side, a tritium-tritium-fusion wont work.

Every used (and depleted) deuterium cell also has a small chance (lets say 1/4) to change into a half-tritium cell which can be crafted in a full one. (<-- an extra type of cell is needed since the reactor should stop working, when a cycle is done)

Some things should still be thought of, like the heat management (since fusion reactions need a LOT of heat). The same cooling elements like in the nuclear reactors could be used for the heat-management, but the reactor would still need a basic heat to produce energy... or the reactor could get a heat-limit which must be reached to get the maximum energy output of the cells, by placing heating elements inside the reactor instead of cooling ones (which would also require to make the reactor invincible to heat damage). Since fusion reactions in normal conditions require around 150 million degrees, the second way would be the best i think :) (like placing heating rods and heating distributors inside to reach a very high temperatures). This would force players to find the best way between puting energy-producing cells or heat-producing elements inside the reactor for a maximum output :)

The lifetime of the cells must be increased of course (maybe like an hour or two) and they also shouldn't be stackable anymore since they would need a lifebar like uranium cells.

What do you think of this idea? Especially the author of this great mod ;)

Greetings P.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english ^^

• nice idea but in my opinion i think it would be to alike, how have you got your fusion reactors set up?

• Try reading the forums or even possibly the wiki for a change.

repeat after me: the EU a cable can carry is per *PACKET* not total. aka: it's perfectly possible for glass fiber cable to carry that much as it's only taking 120 or 30 EU/t p

why do you have to be mean he is just asking a question! if your sooooooo mad get of the forum fuck face!

• or... just go on the pirate bay and get it for free what ever version you want lmao