[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• Now I managed it to install this on my server and we are having a lot of fun.

But now the players want cats :wacko:

When will you update this awesome mod?

JL

• its for 1.1 :( o well i would help if it said what it was for (1.0.0 1.1 1.2 so on)

You mean like in the Topictitel where Addon 1.71 means that it´s an Addon for IC² 1.71?
    Or in the Changelog? something like "v0.84: Compatibility with IC2 v1.71. Partial SMP support."
    Or maybe in the post linked to in the fat, red, huge letters allmost right at the top of the mainpost?

Yeah right, why doesn´t kentington state anywhere that this addon is not compatible with Minecraft 1.2.4 or IC² 1.9?

• You mean like in the Topictitel where Addon 1.71 means that it´s an Addon for IC² 1.71?
    Or in the Changelog? something like "v0.84: Compatibility with IC2 v1.71. Partial SMP support."
    Or maybe in the post linked to in the fat, red, huge letters allmost right at the top of the mainpost?

Yeah right, why doesn´t kentington state anywhere that this addon is not compatible with Minecraft 1.2.4 or IC² 1.9?

Likely because he's a very busy man. Plus I think he likes ensuring that people read most of the posts before posting.....

• Haven't seen this addressed anywhere. I'm running MC 1.1 & the latest version of IC2/RocketScience compatible with that version of MC.

• When place 20 lithium cells in the Isotropic Separator, they are not converted. The I.S. *does* separate deuterium from water however. **EDIT** I resolved this by loading the Isotopic Separator with more water cells thus completing another Deuterium cell. To rephrase; the I.S. won't process Lithium if it's partway through a Deuterium producing cycle. Load it with more water cells to get past this.

Zoinks! As I was writing this I was reminded of this section "Note that a separator that is currently processing deuterium won't accept lithium cells, or vice-versa." ~ Thanks for providing enough information for me to solve my own problems folks!

• Also, the lightning bolt icon does not turn red though it is receiving LV current. Noticed this on bug list, please disregard.
    • Lastly; I'm of the opinion the I.S. should be a medium voltage machine at least. My grounds are based on the use of an advanced machine it it's construction.

I have not had a chance to enjoy this mod yet but I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for taking the time to make it!

**Edit ** Sorry 1 more question. What is purple fuel cell featured here:http://puu.sh/nQPf and how do I get it?

=Khalysto=

• **Edit ** Sorry 1 more question. What is purple fuel cell featured here:http://puu.sh/nQPf and how do I get it?

Quote from the end of 1st post in topic

Of course, D-D reactions are quite difficult to perform and don't give much of a net energy gain. What if you could fuse the deuterium with tritium? Why, the fusion reactor's output could be boosted to 128 EU/tick! (Better protect your sensitive equipment) This third isotope of hydrogen is highly radioactive and not found in nature, but certain nuclear reactions can produce it - most notably the fission of lithium-6 by neutron capture. Unfortunately, federal regulations prohibit performing this reaction in IC2's standard reactor, but if you could somehow obtain a lithium-6 cell, your fusion reactor does have a slot for it. Current research suggests that a substance from vanilla Minecraft contains trace amounts of lithium...

So, you must find some substance from vanilla Minecraft and insert it in isotope extractor. :) Wikipedia can help you in that case.

P.S. Can't wait for the update! ;(

• So, you must find some substance from vanilla Minecraft and insert it in isotope extractor. :) Wikipedia can help you in that case.

P.S. Can't wait for the update! ;(

Thanks for the reply but i'm not asking about Lithium-6. I'm asking about the unnamed purple cell depicted in my screen shot.

**EDIT** Okay, using creative I found the purple cell is tritium. This is my current fusion reactor set up http://puu.sh/nTEz. Can anyone help me understand why my Lithium-6 is not being bred into Tritium?

**EDIT2** - I logged into single player and built a fusion reactor (http://puu.sh/nTOI). I have it wired with fibre directly to an MFE. As you can see, the center red circle fills properly but no power is transmitted. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

**EDIT3** - Got the fusion reactor to transmit power in SMP but after leaving it running for 5 or so minutes, the lithium 6 and deuterium disappeared and no tritium spawned. Also, when punching the Fusion reactor, is the read-out provided supposed to function? I saw no notes in the SMP limitations about this not working.

**EDIT4** ~ Man this has been an adventure... I solved my problem. Looks like you have to use a charged battery to -jump start- the Fusion process. Keen!

=Khalysto=

• Wow, and now MineCraft is 1.2.5! damn, why does this keep happening? I mean, a bunch of mods I was using back in 1.1 and 1.2 haven't updated to 1.2.4 or even 1.2.3!

So, planning on upgrading to 1.2.3 still or skipping and going straight to 1.2.5? Personally, I've upgraded to 1.2.4, so I'd like to be able to play around with fusion reactors again....

I'll still wait patiently no matter what happens, though.

• Mah... All of that written in 1st post. :) For example:
    [quote]Fusion reactors also require a means of heating the plasma to ignition (when energy released by fusion reactions keeps the plasma hot enough for further fusion). Three devices are available - an ohmic heater, a neutral-beam injector, and an RF cyclotron resonance heater. The ohmic heater is the most energy-efficient since it directly drives current through the plasma, but it becomes useless when the plasma gets hot enough. RF and neutral-beam heaters are less efficient but work independent of temperature. The heating elements can be powered by a standard RE battery.

• when I install the 0.84 jar file into the mods file then play. The mod isn't even there. i can't craft anything and it's not in NEI. The only other mods I have is planes, SDK's, BC and of course IC2 1.7.1. Can someone please help I was planning on getting this for my 1.1 server.

• Official Post

Not exactly the greatest news in the world, guys. I returned home late tonight and found that in my absence the cats had apparently knocked my external hard drive off my desk. The external where I store all my coding projects, including Rocket Science. Long story short, it's nonfunctional, but I haven't tested it enough to find where the fault lies and if the data is recoverable. Further bulletins as events warrant.

• and that is why i just buy bulk flash drive for $5 each when ever i see them no matter the size :D super data redundancy. it could be worse you could have been hosting your projects on megaupload

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• and that is why i just buy bulk flash drive for $5 each when ever i see them no matter the size :D super data redundancy. it could be worse you could have been hosting your projects on megaupload

True enough. I keep all my backup data on a ruggidized hard drive that I've dropped off my desk many times and still worked