[BUG] [1.23] SMP Crash

• Weird crash on SMP.

This has been mentionned before but No crashlog at all, we were 3 people constantly crashing at logon.

Short description of problem:
    Login, then blackscreen (not technically black but the one with a dirt background), then blackscreen.
    One person reports to have waited for 10 minutes to see if it actually crashes and gives an error, without luck.

It seems to happen on slow connections only, as it does not happen when I run localhost or Lan.

The only log I can get is on the server are
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

or other socket error variants.

then followed by a disconnect with reason "GenericReason"

I could perform more tests but we tried performing fresh installs etc.

Installed mods: IC2 v1.23, BC 2.2.3, Energy Coupler v0.19

• I should add that it only happens right after a person login while the first chunks are loading and appearing one by one.

It happens rather rarely after the chunks around the players are loaded.

• Yeah, it seems that BC is causing a lot of problems, but then again, most of my players and I use BC tools such as quarries, fillers and pipes...

But, it's still kind of strange that no output/crashlog is produced when it blackscreens.

• Because it's not a crash.

BC just sends sooooooo many packets your client on a slow connection gets flooded.

edit: Try this too, get my add-on IC EFficiency, for the server, and either install it all, or only install the TileEntityElectricBlock.class from the rar. Make sure you still install it in the right folder in your IC jar. Does it help?

• I would guess that since IndustrialEfficiency is an optimization for industrialcraft rather than for buildcraft, it wouldn't help in my case.
    Also, doesn't minecraft itself have a network packet flood detection/prevention system instead of just displaying an empty screen without any debug info?

• You mean just the diamond-pipe dupe bug right?
    He fixed all the SMP crashes + reduce network usage to <1%. *sarcasm*

He fixed the bandwidth crash actually also. Like the flood causes the client to go bye bye.

BTW this happen in bukkit in the past and other mods. I must admit the bandwidth thing to the client is actually an easy fix from client and server. You can increase it pretty easy I know I did testing for spout on this. But anyways there you go I wish someone compile this for the bukkit version soon.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I just wanted to confirm that many of my users are also crashing nonstop. They have all the right mods, changed config, etc..but some lose connection as soon as they come in or they keep crashing once they reach a certain point. One user just told me that this is not happening to him on other servers. Is there any other explanation for chronic crashing syndrome (CCS)?

Note that this is only certain users. Some users can be on almost nonstop while others can barely play for 5 minutes. Poor internet or lots of players seem to exacerbate the issue. Matter of fact, it seems once we hit 10 people on if more join others crash. This is very frustrating and I'm hoping there is something I can do on my end to improve the situation, I dont want to drop BC.