Question: How do Transformers work?

• Hey,
    I've got a little question for you, guys.
    If I use a MFSU that outputs 512EU/t and wire it to a HV Transformer, I get an output of ~2000EU/t.
    Same thing for MFE linked to LV Transformer, how do thoes 128EU/t become 32EU/t?
    Is there a kind of internal storage, that sends out ~2000 EU, as soon as there is enough EU inside?

I'm just courious and I can't stop wondering, even if there will be no change in gameplay as soon as I know.

Thanks in advance and don't hit me for my english-skills :)

:Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal:

I'm trying hard, but I can't grant, that my english does not affect your health ...
    Also I can't grant any content I posted to be correct.

• Official Post

There is indeed a small internal storage. The transformers (in non-redstoned mode) fill that with the energy injected, and emit up to 4 pulses of their output voltage per tick. Similarly, a redstoned transformer uses its internal storage to charge up to its output power level and then emits a single pulse every time it's got enough.

• One question:

i got the following setup:

solar colector -> mfsu unit -> mv transformer -> mfe -> lv transformer -> batbox.

Lets say that the mfe and the batbox are 100% full of charge.
    but i turn one machine and it take 3 EU from the batbox. What will happen?
    the MFE will send a 128 packet, and the MFSU will send to the MFE a 512 packet making me loose about 509 EUs per cicle?
    Or the MFE will only send the energy if the batbox can receive 128?

• I don't know the source, but I'm pretty sure, that Energy only drains, if there is something that can handle it(let's call exploding "handling", too :)).
    Otherwise you would actually loos your energy on every single output, even if there is nothing connected.
    And since only 3EU from the Batbox are missing, the MFE can't send it's 128EU :)

I hope i didn't completly fail with my attempt to anwser competently :)
    ----------------------------------
    Thanks to everybody investing some valuable time of your life to give me an answer.

I'm trying hard, but I can't grant, that my english does not affect your health ...
    Also I can't grant any content I posted to be correct.