[Addon v1.112]AdvGenerators²v3.3.0-New Toys!!!

• thanks man for this mod, it seems effiecient on lapatron crystals, no more tethered miner!

I also thought of a crystal powered pump when the miner runs into liquids, if it doesn't already exist.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor

They built a working thorium floride reactor in the 50's or 60's but the project got scrapped in favor of Light Water Reactors because the light water reactors produce plutonium which can be used to make nuclear bombs. In reality though molten salt reactors are superior in almost every way. Completely safe, self-contained, no nuclear waste and producing 100x + the amount of power per unit of fuel.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor

They built a working thorium floride reactor in the 50's or 60's but the project got scrapped in favor of Light Water Reactors because the light water reactors produce plutonium which can be used to make nuclear bombs. In reality though molten salt reactors are superior in almost every way. Completely safe, self-contained, no nuclear waste and producing 100x + the amount of power per unit of fuel.

yeah, since the Fukishima nuclear disaster, there has been discussions about the decisions to go lightwater vs thorium. Alot of the decisions were political and profit driven, not safety.

• IMO it was a dramatically idiotic decision driven by war fever. It was a different time. But I would love to see a molten salt reactor in IC even if it were of the uranium variety (I wouldn't mind having thorium added as an ore with 2x the concentration of uranium) but you could have it mix say 1 unit of uranium with some lava for a very long burning fuel. The raw EU/t output could be lower than a large conventional reactor (maybe 30 eu/t) but EU/uranium unit should be at least an order of magnitude higher (like 10 mil eu/ uranium ore minimum) and no risk of meltdown. Maybe require some iridium plates in the recepie to represent the advanced components required.

• I copy/pasted it up to the top of the modloader list and deleted the original entry, then I ensure it saved, and made a backup copy of the modloader config file just in case it screws up again (which I suspect will happen)

Yeah, bummer. That's what I was already doing, and have done multiple times since. Just won't let the minimap work :/
    Crap. Really wanted to use this mod.

• @harley: can you give me the error massage?

Sarudak: I will look into it but no promises

edit: I looked at it and I couldn't think of how it could be implemented into the game, if you have any ideas please let me know

• Actually I had a number of ideas. I'll start with the simplest. For the Molten Salt Reactor you use the same recepie as the nuclear reactor except instead of regular reactor chambers you use molten salt reactor chambers which are made like:

C I C
    C RC
    C CC

C = carbon plate
    R = reactor chamber
    I = iridium

This is representative of the graphene neutron reflectors required and the iridium for the chemical separation that has to occur.

For fuel you combine a lava cell with a uranium cell to get a molten uranium salt cell. Which can then be put in the Molten Salt Reactor to produce 10 million eu at a rate of 40 eu/t (numbers subject to balancing)

I have another idea which somewhat mimics the fuel rerefinement process that takes place in an actual molten salt reactor but that might be too complicated.

• You know a easier job and something I think a lot of people would love is a new storage device. I for one starting hate having 20+ MFSU's. They store so little and suck even more if your using the teleport system heavily.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• A more realistic and interesting setup would require 3 blocks.

1. Molten Salt Reactor
    MAM
    FGF
    MAM

M = Molten salt reactor chamber
    A = Advanced circuit
    F = Glass fiber cable
    G = Generator

Molten Salt Reactor Chamber changes to
    CCC
    CRC
    CCC

C= Carbon Plate
    R = Reactor Chamber

The molten salt reactor takes Molten Salt Cells and produces 10,000 from each at a rate of 80 eu/t (it burns through them very quickly) but has a 99% chance of producing an Unstable Molten Salt Cell at a result.

2. Actinoid Chemical Separator

Not sure about this recepie
    EI E
    EAE
    GCG

E = Empty Cell
    A = Advanced Macine
    G = Gold ingot
    C = Advanced circuit

Actinoid separators have two uses.

A. To extract trace amounts of thorium from stone

Every cobblestone has a 1% chance of producing a thorium chunk
    Every mossy cobblestone has a 20% chance of producing a thorium chunk (hunt for dungeons :)

B. To recycle unstable molten salt cells

Every unstable molten salt cell has a 7/8 chance to become a Molten Salt Cell and a 1/8 chance to become a Protactinium Cell

3. Protactinium Chamber

G
    GMG

G = gold bar
    M = machine block

The protactinium chamber slowly (like 1 game day at least) converts protactinium cells into molten salt cells. It requires no energy just time. The gold is for radiation shielding.

This sets up a fuel cycle that is complex and expensive but produces large amounts of energy. Not sure on the timing but actinide separations should be rather slow. You should need at least two separators to run one reactor. And since they are expensive and slow it will largely nullify the advantage of cobblestone generators and will encourage people to hunt for dungeons.

I also have a great idea for advanced water and wind gens!

• Oh and I forgot the original molten salt cell

LLL
    LTL
    LLL

L = Lava Cell
    T = Thorium Cell

This makes 8 molten salt cells.

• @harley: can you give me the error massage?

Sarudak: I will look into it but no promises

edit: I looked at it and I couldn't think of how it could be implemented into the game, if you have any ideas please let me know

Nothing to really 'send'. Game starts and up at the top where the minimap usually is, it says, in red, that waypoints can't be zero(es).

• just wanted to psot this here, not saying your mod is the problem. the advanced miner was at mine pipe 10 and stayed there and was filling the chest attached to it with cobblestone to overflowing. I then took the drill out and put it back in and it still was just outputting cobblestone on mine pipe 7. I finally just disconnected the drill and ended it there. Set the miner up again and haven't seen that again.

• Sarudak: very good ideas! :D can't wait to add it in

harley9699: try finding where the mod stores the way points, and delete the folder. Then delete everything in the config folder. Run MC. Then exit it, move IC2 to the top in modloader.cfg, and start MC again, see if the works.

a531: that is probably an IC2 bug because I directly copied the IC2 miner code for the AdvMiner

• Sarudak: very good ideas! :D can't wait to add it in

harley9699: try finding where the mod stores the way points, and delete the folder. Then delete everything in the config folder. Run MC. Then exit it, move IC2 to the top in modloader.cfg, and start MC again, see if the works.

a531: that is probably an IC2 bug because I directly copied the IC2 miner code for the AdvMiner

Unfortunately, the error just cropped back up and the step I took before doesn't work now... gonna attach my current modloader.txt, the current modloader.cfg, and the error report that I recieve, it seems to me that the mods refuse to load in the order I place them in modloader.cfg for some reason.

Going to also post the error in the forum post for the minimap, perhaps they can shed some light on the problem as well.

• I'm also getting the error with Rei's minimap v2.6 when adding in this mod. I have IC, BC, Rp2 and a couple other mods installed, including some of the authors other mods and they all play nice together. Only when I add the advanced generators does it throw the error and goes back to normal when I remove it.