Overcharged MK-5 CASUC Reactor 820 Eu/t or 794 Eu/t (BuildCraft/BC Addons Only) [Schematics Are Here!]

• The new design of mine was inspired by my previous simple design and Rick's reactor forum thread (I never had a look at his actual reactor in minecraft, just some screens)
    This new design supplies around 4-6 buckets per second to the VERY hot reactor. It is practically previous design, just MUCH bigger, but it fits on a single chunk (size 15x15) so instant load of reactor possible.

It is extremely efficient and don't need cool down time.
    It is also more expensive(not by much more), but i haven't counted all pieces used to create it, but i will, and later remake it legitly.
    The additional mods was used for BC.
    Bucket Filler and Additional Pipes was used to make this design and previous one, without it, design would be impossible to make.

Bucket Filler provides bucket filling, obviously.
    Additional pipes providing sorting, extracting and inserting. (No teleporting pipes used)

Note: This is the biggest possible design, any more efficient design are to dangerous and would make system to complex to make sense.
    Another Note: Not a single feature of redpower 2 was used.

The schematics file will are already here!

More Pictures

The reactor design are modular, and made with a similar parts, and can be changed to be less powerful(and dangerous).
    All designs parts was made and tested by me. So it is entirely my design.

Few other notes.

Reactor lags and will lag, if you not gonna use optifine, otherwise minecraft gets unplayable.
    A single mistake in system can call a rapid explosion, if a bucket leakage occurred, system will shortly run out of them, and again will explode. Attempt to make a safety system to prevent it failed, due too fact that reactor didn't want to burn wool block fast enough.
    There are more then 3 stacks of buckets spinning in the system.
    System was partially and entirely redesigned 6 times in total.
    The giant arrays of redstone engines are necessary to keep bucket filling rate fast enough, otherwise this design would explode shortly.
    Not a single buffer chest used, system cannot afford them, since they slowing it down.
    Only input bucket chest there.

Currently it most powerful CASUC non stop reactor.

>Schematics File<

Schematics have reactor running at 794 Eu/t for safety reason, but you can put extra uranium cell in to increase output to 820 Eu/t, but it is not very recommended.

Installation Instructions

:P

I happy to discuss this reactor.

• Lot's of experiments and i managed that, 6 redstone engines taking it out at same time. Each does pulse every second, so it does up to 6 bucket extraction at same time. I will give a close up screenshot of this.

Note: More engines are impossible to place without starting to loose buckets. Or decreasing efficiency.

Picture!

On a picture you can see only 1 side, other side same set up.

Funny fact my first 3rd version of reactor exploded, and i wasn't able to recover it, so i had to remake it on exactly same place.
    I noted for my self this thing from that: Always check your EU/t level, and be sure you not gonna wire up more then 512 on single line to mass fabricator. And certain things can explode in chain reaction.
    Only the redstone engines left floating. :D

• Idk how you managed the redstone engines like that [I tried building a 5 chamber reactor like this before, and my redstone engines all synced up and it'll only pull out 1 bucket per second (or however often redstone engines pulse)].

Tested it again with the same results, drastic slowdown when the engines synced. (though 2 buckets per pulse, using the same system as yours with 3 redstone engines per 2 advanced wooden pipe). I reloaded the world which apparently made one of the engines slightly out of time with the other two on its side of the reactor giving 3 buckets / "second" total on speed, but... 6/sec? Idk just doesn't work for me.

• Actually it might; the engines pulse at different times and the fractional difference in firing times might catch a bucket that would otherwise wait; as the 0.2s timer poster noted (even if you miss, it still fires twice as often to halve the worst case scenerio).

Reactor lags and will lag, if you not gonna use optifine, otherwise minecraft gets unplayable.

Offtopic. How did you get optifine to work without turning stuff into furnaces/fire ?

Is it compatible with forge now?

• Thx guys for replays.
    So the reactor testing prooved few things i was afraid off, if bucket supply arent constant, they can miss a time frame to cool down reactor, however they can make up for it prety fast, but if few time frames got missed, reactor blows. Solution, add buckets to system.

I also may make a hybrid reactor with redpower 2 and BuildCraft as a proff of concept. (It should be way smaller, no need for powering towers)

Also, engines look lke they working in in synch, they don't, which provides a sligtly faster refill, with 4 available slots i getting 5 a sec(insertion, cooling and extration nearly in same tick)

• Thx guys for replays.
    So the reactor testing prooved few things i was afraid off, if bucket supply arent constant, they can miss a time frame to cool down reactor, however they can make up for it prety fast, but if few time frames got missed, reactor blows. Solution, add buckets to system.

I also may make a hybrid reactor with redpower 2 and BuildCraft as a proff of concept. (It should be way smaller, no need for powering towers)

Also, engines look lke they working in in synch, they don't, which provides a sligtly faster refill, with 4 available slots i getting 5 a sec(insertion, cooling and extration nearly in same tick)

Ya, I'm telling you my engines actually sync up and only pull out 1 bucket when all 3 hit at the same time. Just tested to be like "maybe it's 3 buckets on top of each other so it only looks like 1", but nope, broke the pipe, just 1 bucket flew out. Had the same thing happening on the other side, but one of the engines got slightly out of sync so it pulls 2 buckets from that side. Seriously I've got 6 engines, pulling out 3 total buckets when they hit (and there's plenty of buckets in the reactor cos I was just stress-testing the engines first. To see if my initial test with them was wrong (which, for me, it hasn't been so far).

• Not a nuke, reactor working fine, with no problems. I was measuring temperature with a thermometer, and it was in stable region, with spikes for very short period. The way bucket supplied makes that ones thye out, new ones instantly inside.
    Tho it is called overcharged for a reason, when it runs at max possible capacity, it is dangerous, but by removing a single uranium cell(and providing additional cooling slot) reactor becomes much safer, and drops down to 795 Eu/t output. (Which is still alot).
    I using advanced wooden pipes they may work differently from just wooden pipes.
    Tho i working on the way to improve the bucket output, by replacing one of engines with steam one, and then powering it with array of redstone ones, the question is how big array should be.
    Current testings shows that it need a pretty big one. Also i tested a theoretical EU output of all redstone engines arrays for bucket filling, and it was around 30 Eu/t, which is tiny bit from all that giant construction around.

Tho in ovecharged mode it lasted for 1/3 of the cycle of the uranium cells, and then started to overheat for no apparent reason. In stable conditions it finishes cycle.

• Reactor had some minor improvements in the system, so i can say it version up.
    And it now have a way to put buckets in and out of the system. So you can stop reactor set-up entirely.
    Also, schematics comes very soon, i was just fixing few issues, which may came up.

In another news i found a very annoying BC bug, where sometimes pumps stack up it's effects and sometimes doesn't which can lead to explosion, since not all of empty buckets are extracted.
    There are way to live with it, but it can get rather complex.