[AddOn all versions]IC -> IC² Map Converter with SMP + SSP compability

• Hey guys,
    since it was not possible to correctly convert multiplayer worlds or really big worlds with the IndustrialUpgrade converter, I decided to code a converter myself. Used it for my own server and it worked fine, so I wanted to share it with you ;) I don't know if someone needs this thing, though :P

Usage:
    Extract the files from the .zip and execute the .exe. You can select the world folder by directly typing it or you can get it from the clipboard. To do this copy the location (with ctrl + c from your windows explorer for example) and enter v as the location in the converter. You can also change which blocks/items should be converted, just edit the mapping.txt. Try out the mapping_fun.txt, it will make your map shiny :D But do a backup first ;)

About the Source:
    You can also download the source code of the converter, if you want to edit it or add features. But please don't flame my code, i'm quite a noob in c# :P

Credits:
    Thanks to the author of Substrate, without your library the converter wouldn't have been possible. And thanks to linx_, who gave me the idea to make a converter myself.

Download:
    Minecraft Map Converter
    Source

• Thanks for making this converter it worked great for me. Their was one or two small things that I ran into and they were old ingots could not be used in recipes and old energy circuits didnt work either. But its no big deal just have to do some more mining and smelting. :thumbup:

• I have a linux server machine. Do you think, if i take the world files, run your converter in a windows box, and put de resulting files in the linux machine again, it would work fine? I am desesperate for upgrade the server to IC2...

• I have a linux server machine. Do you think, if i take the world files, run your converter in a windows box, and put de resulting files in the linux machine again, it would work fine? I am desesperate for upgrade the server to IC2...

a world file is a world file, doesn't matter the platform.
    aka: it'll work fine but be sure to keep backups.

• @huey8: Yeah, I noticed that problem after i converted my smp server. I have no idea, why you can't use "old" items for recipes...

Achiles: You can also run the converter ON the linux system, should be multi-plattform ;)

DDBlaze: No problem :)

• Is there any plans to update this at all? Or can I get some troubleshooting advice?
    I went to use it on an IC 1.23 world... and got all sorts of item mismatches. Solar panels turned into copper ore; my rubber trees appear to be made of macerators now; uranium fuel cells into plantballs, tin ingots to gold dust, etc etc...

Is there any way I can unBork my world?

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.