[Suggestion] IC2 Extension

• What do you think of my PvP-Themed extension idea? 9

1. Yes! (4) 44%
    2. No! (3) 33%
    3. I didn't read the post because i am lazy (1) 11%
    4. With Changes (1) 11%

Medieval craft was a great mod, but it never reached it's full potential due to poor coordination of attacks and the main server. I played on it, and not once was there an actual "siege". The blocks that would have provided the ability for a siege weren't there yet, because Al had to make a mod from scratch. I suggest using IC2 has a base plate for a mod similar to Mec. You would level up and such similar to MeC, but it would be a future-themed mod, Al's forte. A quote from some other thread:
    New set of energy field blocks:

• Structural integrity field makes every block within range have significantly increased explosive resistance and be unmineable and will prevent building. Interfacing it with a computer can make it so that certain users can build there while others cannot.
    • New Forcefield for IC2, just lik the old bubble field in IC 1. Though it would be nice if when you start one up underwater it removed all of the water sources within it and replaced the after it is shut down again. As well linking it to a computer would make it so certain people can just walk right through.
    • Field wall generator. used by placeing 2 of them apart from eachother and attaching iron fences to define the height, field is then projected between any other fence attached to a field wall generator that is in a direct line. Fences can also be attached from the side to make force floors and ceilings. possible to make a box by placing 4 of them. Also possible to used them as cancelers for bubble fields to create openings in the bubble field.
    • Both of the Above field generators can then be upgraded (possibly with iridium?) to a covert field generator which uses more energy but can have a block placed into it to make the field look like that block

Because MeC didn't have ideas like this it failed. IC2 has plenty ideas like these that are, while complex, possible to code, Sieges would have to be coordinated efforts that require resources and time to carry out. Also, the problem with griefing/stealing that was rampant in MeC simply wouldn't be an issue because of personal safes. One of the suggestions in MeC that wasn't carried out was the guild chest. Not only does this protect your items while still allowing your friends to access the items, it allows for a "goal" of the siege/raid. If such chests were present, each person of the guild would have keys to open them. This means that by killing these members, they could gain (temporary) access to these chests. This would give an reason to attack while still preventing the stealing when people were offline that plagued MeC.

Thanks for reading this relatively long post! Sorry for grammar/spelling/any other mistakes, I am so tired right now I can hardly walk! Don't forget to vote in the poll and reply with your critiques/suggestions!

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• I would love this but whoever does it if its a Mod creator or a dev please please add a unbreakable force field config. I know some people may want to have people xraying base up or going on top their force field and cutting holes through but I personally want to make the force field perm and strong that only way to get in is the own screws up. But maybe these powerful so this guy can't string 100's them all over the world it be pretty damn stationary.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I feel as though this would make a good addon.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Honestly, I think the first thing a PVP mod needs is to have a bunch of reduced price recpies. Nothing is more frustriating than spending several hours producing the resources for your base, then have it all vanish in a puff of smoke in 15 minutes. Spending 80-90% of your time collecting and crafting does not make for fun PVP IMO.

Obviously this would require overwriting the recipe files.

• I would love this but whoever does it if its a Mod creator or a dev please please add a unbreakable force field config. I know some people may want to have people xraying base up or going on top their force field and cutting holes through but I personally want to make the force field perm and strong that only way to get in is the own screws up. But maybe these powerful so this guy can't string 100's them all over the world it be pretty damn stationary.

Having a completely impenetrable field sounds kind of boring to me, more i would shoot for having a way in but it's difficult and expensive for both sides. For example have it so you can bombard the force fields with nukes and TNT but instead of knocking down the field it takes a spike of energy to rebuild, Thus if you have enough energy reserves it would take a good long while to knock down a field enough to get in and even then you could have back up generators to offset the loss.

• Having a completely impenetrable field sounds kind of boring to me, more i would shoot for having a way in but it's difficult and expensive for both sides. For example have it so you can bombard the force fields with nukes and TNT but instead of knocking down the field it takes a spike of energy to rebuild, Thus if you have enough energy reserves it would take a good long while to knock down a field enough to get in and even then you could have back up generators to offset the loss.

TBH this would be fun to but I don't want super hardcore pvp I mean MC pretty bad exploitable to start with. Not only thing I do understand that the performance of such a feature that you speak of would be harsh on a server and I perfer have the simple higher performance.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Having an impenetrable force field would be extremely OP. You could just have solar panels/wind mill and and a MFE that would keep it online all the time. However, you could use multiple shields to make a fortress that would rival Vuaban's work. The main point of this extension was to revive MeC. I can't see any way to fix the griefing and stealing problems that it had using Medieval items. However, IC has plenty of potential and Al is extremely skilled at coding future-themed things.

Edit: I go back to the guild chest idea. The goal of the raid would be to get the items in the chest. The chest would obviously have to be extremely expensive to prevent having multiple ones which would ruin the fun of sieges. The server would rely a lot on the honor system because in order to have a reason to attack, there would have to be good items in the chest.

On another note, does anyone know if Al intends to bring the force field back?

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun