Suggestion:[Plutonium}

• Official Post

Plutonium

its another fuel for the nuclear reactor, plutoniium is smaller and it gives off more energy (and is blue... i think) but we only have 1 fuel for the nuclear reactor i was thinking we could have a new fuel source.

recipe is n/a

also periodic table shows actinium , thorium , protactinium , uranium (already implemented), neptunium , plutonium , americium , curium , berkelium , californium , einsteinium , fermium , mendelevium , nobelium , lawrencium

• Not bad, but considering the physical aspects of Plutonium, it would have to be rarer than Uranium (one every few chunks, maybe use a generation algorithm similar to the Slime spawn?), but when placed in the Reactor, there's an increased chance of a meltdown, but outputs double the EU that the Uran Fuel Rods do.

• I think plutonium would be fairly useless if its only purpose was to be an alternative fuel for the reactor. If it were to replace uranium as the ingredient for nuclear tnt, it would make more sense, or be used in other, as yet uninvented, machines. I.e. some of the endgame machines another thread is talking about. Generally I think its a fairly redundant idea, even though it would be pretty cool. Bottom line is though that the gain/cost ratio in terms of awesomeness and effort is too small.

• As with any idea, it can be improved.

I like the idea of if it were to be used in those "End-Game Machines."

Taking an idea from one of the other threads, maybe the Plutonium could be found around the bedrock layer (~5 and down) if not synthesized somehow (seeing as how Plutonium is an artificial element)