[RP2 related] Rubberwood trees - the industrial-engineering solution

• As far as I know, RP rubber wood won't work in an extractor - but I've never seen an RP tree so I couldn't say so for sure.

• Rubberwood from an RP2 rubber tree does /indeed/ work in an /extractor/ but NOT in a furnace (well, it does, but it becomes charcoal). It produces rubber at a 1:1 ratio, just like IC2 rubber tree wood. Only the RP2 rubber-wood is vastly more abundant per tree (the trees are murderously slow to grow though, and don't have sap, so it's still balanced).

• Rubberwood from an RP2 rubber tree does /indeed/ work in an extractor. It produces rubber at a 1:1 ratio, just like IC2 rubber tree wood.

That's actually good news, for people who want to start on a 1.0 world before IC makes the switch. Essentially, only uranium would be absent in a RP2 world, then?

• You won't have any rubber (can't cook it to build an extractor) to make insulated copper cables; thus no circuits, or batteries, and thus no generator and no extractor. Thus the suggestion I made a while back in the Suggestion forum. Actually the 'ore only' mod is also a similar suggestion.

• You won't need it until IC2 is ready for 1.0 anyhow. At least this way, you can start on a world. Unlike ores, it's easy to get rubber close to home even in an old world - venture out until you find some trees, cut them down and bring the saplings home. Not the ideal solution but it's how I got started with IC2 with my original world from Minecraft 1.3-ish.

Aside from uranium, a 1.0 world with BuildCraft and RedPower will have all the other ores you'll need for IC when it makes the switch. Add in Forestry if you want more options for tin, copper and bronze later (and so that you can farm trees!)

• I tried nuking one. I ended up with a decent crater, but the other rubberwood trees were still there for the most part! :cursing: But on the bright side, it exposed bunch of nice ores at y:5*-6* ;) This was before I found out I could throw those logs in the extractor to solve my rubber problem...