[RP2 related] Rubberwood trees - the industrial-engineering solution

• I've got a new map I like a lot, save that I'm under one of those BC2 rubberwood trees. Anyone got an elegant solution for getting rid of them without harming my lab below?

I'm wondering if the creative use of a quarry might be the answer

these things are epic huge...almost big enough to warrant a nuke (TNT barely dents them)

• I've got a new map I like a lot, save that I'm under one of those BC2 rubberwood trees. Anyone got an elegant solution for getting rid of them without harming my lab below?

I'm wondering if the creative use of a quarry might be the answer

these things are epic huge...almost big enough to warrant a nuke (TNT barely dents them)

BC2? Aroo? Buildcraft doesn't have rubber trees. Now if your talking about a redpower rubber trees than yeah, a filler should work a treat as Drashian suggested.

• Other than tediously cutting at them with a batpack+chainsaw?

Dynamite-chain blasts... Although that's alot of explosive to invest in a 'single tree'...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• BC2? Aroo? Buildcraft doesn't have rubber trees. Now if your talking about a redpower rubber trees than yeah, a filler should work a treat as Drashian suggested.

D'oh. yeah I meant those insane RP2 ones. I added BC and RP2 at the same time so I was never sure which mod owned the ores/trees till i read the wiki earlier this week.

• I tested a few things in this regard, I've found a few things that might work (did not test the EqEx as I've removed it)

1) Mining Lasers set to Explosive mode will work, but requires at least 7 ML's to decimate (warning: one bad shot will destroy the ground)
    2) A BC Filler with Clear will work, may want to use an electric engine from the IC2 <--> BC Crossover Addon to make quick work of it.

I'm assuming that a fully charged Destruction Catalyst will work, again, I have not tested this.

• I personally really like these trees, but build my bases in deserts anyway. Big flat areas. The only pain is mining fracs the surface material...

• Or you could use dynamite sticks.

15 Gunpowder, 12 Sand = 3 TNT
    3 TNT, 6 Flint = 4 ITNT
    4 ITNT, 4 String = 32 Dynamite sticks.

Optinally...

32 Dynamite sticks, 8 Sticky resin = 32 Sticky dynamite.

Then, it's just a matter of cutting a 2 tile deep hole every 3 tiles in the side of the tree and placing said dynamite. A dynamite remote would be awesome for added effect but you could just as well place them and click them or throw sticky dunamite into the holes.
    If you stand half a tile away from the hole you take no damage from the explosion.

Edit:

A 15 tile high tree trunk = 5 dynamite sticks. You can clear 6 rubberwood trees with 3 TNT... And the extra flint and string OFC.
    If you have redpower then you have an infinite source of string from flax.

• Which mod allows one to add the ID of the IC2 chainsaw to the "fell a whole tree with one chop" list and the RP rubber trees to the "trees that can be chopped down with one chop"? Is it Treecapitator? Does this mod allow me to remove basic axes from this list?

• Which mod allows one to add the ID of the IC2 chainsaw to the "fell a whole tree with one chop" list and the RP rubber trees to the "trees that can be chopped down with one chop"? Is it Treecapitator? Does this mod allow me to remove basic axes from this list?

Yeah, it's Treecapitator. Mind, that the whole leaf-removing part was dropped....

Whoops, reread it. No, Treecapitator will not allow to quickly get rid of RP2's RTs, but I really hope that DaftPVF is working on it.

• Yeah, it's Treecapitator. Mind, that the whole leaf-removing part was dropped....

Whoops, reread it. No, Treecapitator will not allow to quickly get rid of RP2's RTs, but I really hope that DaftPVF is working on it.

Sadly, DaftPVF has something to the effect that he would have to rewrite a substantial number of base classes to implement custom tree choices.

On the other hand, doesn't RP2 rubber wood work in an extracter? :whistling: That tree isn't a nuisance, it's a resource :thumbup:

• Sadly, DaftPVF has something to the effect that he would have to rewrite a substantial number of base classes to implement custom tree choices.

On the other hand, doesn't RP2 rubber wood work in an extracter? :whistling: That tree isn't a nuisance, it's a resource :thumbup:

Yeah, I realize that now. Oh well, back to the Filler (Clear) machines from BC.

The trees are a nuisance AND a resource at the same time.