Lava Cell Factory

• Watch episode 19 of Direwolf20's let's play, he sets up a very similar system and describes how it works step by step.

Yes, Direwolf's factory is nice, but i think it is too complicated. You don't need to make cells and waste your tin on it. And there are better way to distribute items between 8 geogens - just use a sorting machine in the first mode instead of filter to pull out lava buckets. Put a lava bucket into the each column of the sorter and use some colored tubes.

And if you don't want to watch that long video (actualy, it is good) - the main point of this station is a deployer. Deployer don't just deploy block - it rightclicks with the block put into the deployer. So, if you put an empty bucket in the deployer and give it a redstone pulse, it will rightclick the tank with the bucket and fill it! And you need to pull out of the deployer any lava bucket and deliver it to the geogen. Then, there are a retriever to pull out an empty bucket and return it to the deployer. - this is how does my simple station work.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• And here it is. Geothermal powerplant with 8 geogens:

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• And here it is. Geothermal powerplant with 8 geogens:<images snipped>

Nice system there. Totally wouldn't have though of using a sorting machine to split things like that. Something tells me it works better than the alternative (BC pipes with the additional pipes mod and a distribution pipe) as it's smart enough to not send along a bucket if there isn't room for one.