Lava Cell Factory

• if your talking about when minecraft crashes this is what it says: Mods loaded: 22
    ModLoader Beta 1.8.1
    mod_AdditionalBuildcraftObjects 0.5b (MC 1.8.1, BC 2.2.4)
    mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.5
    mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.5
    mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.5
    mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.5
    mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.5
    mod_EE Equivalent Exchange v5 for 1.8.1
    mod_IC2EE Equivalent Exchange IC2 Addon 1.0.0
    mod_IC2 v1.23
    mod_BuildCraft_BucketFiller 2.2.5_0
    mod_IC2Thermometer v1.15
    mod_zAdditionalPipes Rev29
    mod_TooManyItems 1.8.1 2011-09-27
    mod_RecipeBook Beta 1.8
    mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr3b
    mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr3b
    mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr3b
    mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr3b
    mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr3b
    mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr3b
    mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr3b

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT ce155af3 --------
    Generated 11/11/11 9:40 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.8.1
    Java: 1.6.0_29, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2202, Intel

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 170 is already occupied by BlockNova@130998 when adding buildcraft.pigalot.BlockBucketFiller@1dae160
    at lr.<init>(Block.java:51)
    at zt.<init>(BlockContainer.java:16)
    at buildcraft.pigalot.BlockBucketFiller.<init>(BlockBucketFiller.java:22)
    at mod_BuildCraft_BucketFiller.ModsLoaded(mod_BuildCraft_BucketFiller.java:51)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:832)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at aam.<init>(aam.java:61)
    at aam.<clinit>(aam.java:10)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:259)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT a3453266 ----------

• also i wouldnt be surpised if the fix is really easy because i'm not very good with minecraft stuff

Simple ID conflict, block 170 is being used twice. If BucketFiller add-on has a config to change the value, you could do it there.
    [I have no clue what Block Nova is though, so dunno which mod it's conflicting with.]

• I'm pretty sure the bucket filler will fill cells directly. Seems to work just fine for me.

First is the general setup (empty cells in the top, lava in the bottom, lava cells out the side).
    Second and third show that it is indeed making the cells itself.

waitwhat? oh sure.. totally simplify my machine out from under me :)

guess I get to re-build my lava cell machine in the nether again. (for whenever I get enough cells to restart operations. running low on tin)

• I'd love to see your nether factory if you want to post screenshots.. or a world download :D

it's a bit of a mess, i've got a overview sorta of view here that I posted for another thread.

as to the world download? I could do that but i've got a *lot* of the addon mods installed.

• I'd love to see your nether factory if you want to post screenshots.. or a world download :D

ok, got a demo world set up: download link
    Extra mods (other than IC2) used:
    Buildcraft (v2.2.5)
    Bucket Filler (latest version for 2.2.5, Block ID 170)
    Zeldo's additional pipes (using r27 right now as r29 has issues with redpower)

I included both versions, the more complicated version involving buckets and the much simpler direct lava cell method. Both involve overflow pipes in case of running out of lava or power so components don't get wasted.

note: I usually use an Energy Coupler, it's regulators and power teleport pipes to power stuff like that :) (but I didn't just for demo purposes)

I do have redpower installed but it shouldn't be required.

• anybody know how to change a block id for equivalent exchange? because i can't figure it out

the properties file for EE is in the base .minecraft directory for some reason, not in the config folder. I rather forget what it's called as i've since ripped EE out in favor of the iron chests addon

• the properties file for EE is in the base .minecraft directory for some reason, not in the config folder. I rather forget what it's called as i've since ripped EE out in favor of the iron chests addon

mod_EE.props You might have to right-click > open with if double clicking doesn't open it in your preferred text editor. I don't recognize the BlockNova from the old (4.x) version of EE (I haven't updated, nor do I use it anymore), so it's probably a new block. The bucket filler's config is in .minecraft > buildcraft > config. The default for the bucket filler is 170. Set it to any available block ID between 0 and 255, with the first hundred or so being vanilla mc items. Try 255 and work your way down if that doesn't work.

EDIT: According to Direwolf20, the next version of the bucket filler will be awesome (http://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20#p/u/1/9lWsQo8kSqI)

• mod_EE.props You might have to right-click > open with if double clicking doesn't open it in your preferred text editor. I don't recognize the BlockNova from the old (4.x) version of EE (I haven't updated, nor do I use it anymore), so it's probably a new block. The bucket filler's config is in .minecraft > buildcraft > config. The default for the bucket filler is 170. Set it to any available block ID between 0 and 255, with the first hundred or so being vanilla mc items. Try 255 and work your way down if that doesn't work.

EDIT: According to Direwolf20, the next version of the bucket filler will be awesome (http://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20#p/u/1/9lWsQo8kSqI)

Actually, BlockNova is the Nova Catalyst (the modified TNT block)

• the properties file for EE is in the base .minecraft directory for some reason, not in the config folder. I rather forget what it's called as i've since ripped EE out in favor of the iron chests addon

iron chests works with EE v5.x.x now.

• i have all 7 RPs all 5 BCs IC2 and EE as well as TONS of addons. totals like 25 mods. to save you doing what i did i.e. spending hours upon hours trying to find the right ID, i'll tell u the one that i use which is 173. if u haven't changed any other config files it should work.

• I'm slightly confused on why bucketfiller was made like this and not just the ability to shove a pipe up the ass end of a thermal generator? Seems like a lot more code(and wasted space in game) to do it in the current form, also, joy for running 3.0 and not updating it. I have all this lava, nothing to do with it really... but I wanted to make a lava gen plant for fun, started looking into mods that would accommodate, and yet again another dead end. Also with EnergyCoupler worked... /sigh... back to the waiting game

• Check out the power converters mod by Power Crystals here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…more-updated-dec-19th/#pc

He has an advanced version of the geothermal generator that runs on straight lava piped directly into it. However, if you want to be "fair" about it, edit the config file for it and change the Scale.EUGeneratedPerLavaUnit value from 50 to 20...if you leave it at the default 50, you'll get 50k from each "bucket" of lava instead of 20k, which makes the generator 2.5x more efficient in fuel consumption for the whopping cost of 8 pieces of glass. Probably also want to change the value of Scale.LavaCostInEU from 50 to 20 also, so that if you ever use his lava fabricator it doesn't cost you 50k to create 1 bucket.

The mod has a lot of other neat toys too.

• Oh, one slightly odd thing about Power Converters' geothermal mk2...make sure that each geothermal has it's own dedicated lava pipe, not a split one from a single tank. If you feed multiple geothermals from one pipe, some of the lava disappears and you get less than the expected output for a volume of lava. If you pipe from a central storage tank to smaller buffer tanks that each feed their own geothermal, it works perfectly.

Oh, and it produces energy at 20 EU/t, just like the original one. It's a pretty nifty machine...I tend not to overuse them because it makes power generation a bit too easy for me, why mess around with other forms of power generation when you can feed 25 of these things and supply an MFSU with power as fast as it can dump it?

• Who needs tons of pipes, "bucketfillers" and all of this stuff? You even don't need to waste any tin!
    Presenting RedPower2 geothermal station! Just supply the tank with some lava and gain power!

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• *takes industrial diamond*
    -Thank you. I am not sure if it's really my idea - but "rightclick" function of the deployer is awesome. I put an OR gate for the small delay betveen deployer and filter activations and compact design. Retriever just retrieves empty buckets back to the deployer ^^

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Who needs tons of pipes, "bucketfillers" and all of this stuff? You even don't need to waste any tin!
    Presenting RedPower2 geothermal station! Just supply the tank with some lava and gain power!

Could you give me a more detailed tutorial how to set this up because I don't really know how to use redpower2 mod even thought I do have it