Suggestion: Hydrogen Fusion Reactor

• It's the ultimate form of energy production, using abundant materials producing much more energy than a fission reactor. So I reckon it should output 60eu/s. Obviously it shouldn't give out as much as a matter anti-matter fusion reactor though. The generator should take Deuterium and Tritium. Produced from extracting hydrogen from water, then "sorting" the hydrogen into 2 seperate containers, one for each. So that's 2 machines. The Deuterium and Tririum containers should then be placed into the reactor. The fusion reactor should need at least 2 Million EU to start the reaction, and this should be added every time the fuel runs out. This makes it fairly difficuilt to set-up but then cheap energy to fuel teleportation.

• I like this, gives water a new use in Minecraft and Industrial Craft aside from the *inefficient* water mills. I do not like have to deal with those.

Plus if this idea were used in conjunction with my Water Generator (for Realism mode)... HAYO!! XD

• 2,000,000 eus it should be 1,000 eus nuclear fusion takes little energy to make a ton and theres on the wiki a empty page for a reactor chamber

• Official Post

You say 60Eut? (Yes, EU/tick is the official new naming convention ion IC²)
    Lol, i should mention a plain Nuclear Reactor can (with the newest implementation) reach an output of ~1500 EUt (Not-explosion within seconds NOT guarantueed)...
    Currently , there wouldn't be much of a need for an even stronger Reactor.

• You say 60Eut? (Yes, EU/tick is the official new naming convention ion IC²)
    Lol, i should mention a plain Nuclear Reactor can (with the newest implementation) reach an output of ~1500 EUt (Not-explosion within seconds NOT guarantueed)...
    Currently , there wouldn't be much of a need for an even stronger Reactor.

*mouth waters*

• Official Post

Just to pronounce it again, THEORETICALLY the maximum output of a reactor would be

4 cells with 3 pulses = 12 pulses
    4+4+7+7=22 cells with 4 pulses = 88 pulses
    4*7= 28 cells with 5 pulses = 140 pulses
    = 240 pulses total = 1200 EUt total (I'm sure i misscalculated again, i've got 1400 once :O).

However, this setup will produce 2400 heat per second, resulting in a spontanous reactor explosion after a operation length of 6 seconds, with an explosion radius of 280F (compare; a nuke has 40F)...

Feanturi already designed a setup for a safely running 115 EUt reactor, though ^^ And it's possible to create more complex, well timed and slightly risky reactors which much higher output, too.

• heat/second? I'm liking all these new game mechanics and thinks to account for you mention. Very much looking forward to the release, great work by all of you.