BUG: Entering/Returning from Nether halts reactor output.

• I went into the Nether on a glowstone run and when I returned, I noticed my MFSU was not filling up from my reactor. The amount was just staying exactly the same. no machines were running and there was no draw on the MFSU. I checked to make sure the wiring was intact, and the uranium cells still had plenty of life in them.

Taking out the cells and replacing them did not fix the issue. I exited the game and restarted and it seems to work OK now. I'm not sure why, but it would seem that travelling to the Nether and back does something to it.

• When you get to this level it's easier to just use UU mater to make glowstone. I'm sure you can find the recipe if you look in the right places.

• I've got all the glowstone recipes- I'm a masochist that actually figured them all out the hard way (I like math problems). But I did double check with Recipe Book to confirm.

Generally, I still find it easier to harvest in the Nether rather than making (at most) 32 dust from 5 UU-M. One would be better off using restone and gold dust than UU-M.

Which reminds me... WHY is there no UU-M recipe for gold? Sounds like exactly the sort of thing that one might want.

• OK, this is weird. Seems the problem goes deeper than I thought. I logged in today and my reactor, though still fueled, was not giving power to the MFSU. I took the cells out and put them back in, the components heat up as if the reactor is running but the EU Meter shows no output. I have to take the fuel cells out, restart, and then put them back in - and then it's running fine (until the next time).

When I do that, everything is OK - the reactor puts out 32 EU/t and the MFSU gets the power. So I know it's not a problem with the wiring or the reactor itself. Any ideas?

• Yes. I kept having my reactor stop outputting as well. Eventually, I did 2 things that fixed it : I put an MFE as the first stop in the wiring run from the reactor, rather than a transformer. I then placed a wire that touches the bottom of the reactor AND touches the side of the reactor AND touches the bottom face of the side block and the side face of the bottom block.

After that, it always outputted power. It's the wire, somehow. I did look in the reactor code, I don't see any obvious reasons for the bug, but it's there.

• Interesting. I noticed when I use an EU Meter on the reactor, I only get a reading from the top chamber (I have 2, one on top and one on bottom of the core). The fiber wire goes from the top of the upper chamber, straight up to the MFSU about 5-6 blocks above. I am not sure how to wire it as you said, as that would block most of the necessary water cooling. I suppose I could try running the wire into the center core from one of the sides instead, but that requires finding a way to supply source water to the center of the column.

I might just wrench the thing and put it back together, see if that helps.

• The way I connected mine, I lose one block of water cooling. This isn't an issue in operation because I either use a Mark V CASUC or I use a redstone sequencer to control cycle on/off ratios (duty cycle) .

I would recommend sticking wire all over the darn reactor, then testing to see if it works. Remove some wire, and repeat the test. Eventually you'll figure out what has to be done.

• Thanks, that's good advice. I think I can afford to lose a little cooling for now - the reactor I'm using never goes over 29 heat. I plan to keep this one until I can deploy the 2.5eff 6-chamber design I like (which also runs very cool). At that point. I'll have more options for connecting without losing cooling.