Mk5-7 SuC reactor designs

• so im starting to get into Ic2 reactors and wanted some info that the wiki doesnt exactly supply... so id like some Mk5-7 CaSuC reactor designs using ice and info about it.
    ex: what mods used to achive it, timing w/ cooling(not cool down, but for cooling supply) and other minor details

as of right now im only using a mk1 design and will continue to use it till i find a reactor design i like

Thank you in advance

• reactors using ice as cooling arent usable in survival ssp/smp.

Why do you say that? You make the ice in a compressor, you drop it in the reactor, it melts and provides cooling. Am I missing something?

• Not at high-end CASUC speeds. You need to produce Ice at a rate exceeding 7 blocks / second for a high power CASUC reactor, and that's a wee bit hard to do in survival using a compressor. The entire process also consumes tin at frightening rates.

• Why do you say that? You make the ice in a compressor, you drop it in the reactor, it melts and provides cooling. Am I missing something?

Last CASUC reactor i seen using ice needed ~1300 stacks of ice per cycle. In order to provide the ice fast enough you would need like 128 compresors. These compresors would suck up so much energy that both ice based and water bucket based would produce roughly same eu/tick on average. Not to mention the snow and tin needed to make the ice. Thus ice based CASUC reactors are only usable with the help of TMI or creative mode.

• ok let me just remind u that im not only using Ic2 ive also got Buildcraft, EE, and red power mods so thos if needed may be used. sorry for not mentioning that

• Dunno if there's a route with EE, but I know for a fact that it's highly impractical and extremely resource intensive to make an ice factory with any combination of IC2, BC2 and RP2.

• Dunno if there's a route with EE, but I know for a fact that it's highly impractical and extremely resource intensive to make an ice factory with any combination of IC2, BC2 and RP2.

Of course there is, EE is just silly, it's like cobble -> dirt -> sand -> glass (though that might take a furnace) -> ice
    Or you can go Obsidian -> lapis -> ice
    1 Obsidian = 8 ice so... you'd need 163 stacks of obsidian to make the ~1300 stacks of ice / cycle required.
    You can figure out how many obsidian aggregators that would need :P

Or it would be 2 cobble -> 1 ice (but it requires cooking 8 sand into glass) so 2600 stacks of cobble and 10400 furnace operations for 1300 stacks of ice.
    [Ed: then again it was a while ago that I even looked at EE stuff, so it might have changed, never actually used the mod myself]

• alright then it sound like i have a challenge on my hands... can do infinite lava spring w/ red power and EE to make obsidian generator... alright time to get to work :Industrial Diamond:

• Ok so here's what iv'e come up w/ so far for Ice generation idk exactly how long 1 cycle for nuclear reactor is and if some one can tell me ill tweak the system so that it enough ice.. little info before i show is it only using 2 obsidian generators to make the ice(as of now tweaking may be needed after more info). and the obvious EE conversion to make it into Ice. for a 5 min test it fill 3 1/2 double vanilla chest so 54 x 3.5 = 189 stacks of ice in 5min.. so w/o any further interruptions heres what it looks like.

sorry images wernt loading correctly so i just put links instead

the obsidian generator design i used, i saw from odedex on youtube and just removed the pistons cause their not needed if made correctly. then just went on from there

• Ok so here's what iv'e come up w/ so far for Ice generation idk exactly how long 1 cycle for nuclear reactor is and if some one can tell me ill tweak the system so that it enough ice.. little info before i show is it only using 2 obsidian generators to make the ice(as of now tweaking may be needed after more info). and the obvious EE conversion to make it into Ice. for a 5 min test it fill 3 1/2 double vanilla chest so 54 x 3.5 = 189 stacks of ice in 5min.. so w/o any further interruptions heres what it looks like.

Uranium cells will last for 10,000 reactor ticks (10,000 seconds or just under 2hr 47m)

• Thank you speed for the info... so if my math is correct in 1 hour u should have 2,268 stacks of ice... more then enough for the 1300 requirement to do a mk5 casuc reactor.. and hell of a lot smaller then some of the water bucket designs ive been running across... next phase ill test it personaly :thumbup:

• ... and hell of a lot smaller then some of the water bucket designs ive been running across... next phase ill test it personaly :thumbup:

Really? The water bucket-cooled reactor and breeder that I built were pretty small... Heck, the breeder is really only a 4-chamber reactor, 3 filters, and a deployer, with some redstone and tubes to tie it all together.

• what i meant speed is they usaly have like 4-8 bucket fillers and a hole bunch of diffrent redpower machines to insert/extract from the reactor and always seems to come out fairly large that cost quite a few tin/iron for buckets. as for mine it only uses 4 redpower machines and cant say how big the rest of it is yet cause i havent tested it yet but once i do ill post some pic and maybe put a video up on youtube of it(not sure y more ppl dont post their nuclear reactors)

• in EE theres an item thats called a kalin star lv.1 .. it negates the cost of redstone to make lava w/ the amulet when using the star in your invo ... like i said im not gona say too much cause i am not vary experienced w/ nuclear reactors, and i was just saying about 90% of the water buckets designs ive seen are lager then what ive created thats all not saying there not small ones out there just i havent seen any

• i dont think it is cause he was waiting for notch to stop releasing so many Pre-patches so he didn't have to updated the mod so much... but i just got the reactor running.. gonna do a 3 cycle test so far it its over producing ice for 1 reactor it probably enough to support 2 reactors and a breeder(testing at later point, so plan on building a breeder, i still haven't got the max amount of Eu coming out of it atm cause im producing 845 Eu from the reactor but w/ the Hv transformer im only using 1 output on it so im getting a fluctuation of 400-512 Eu readings i plan on fixing this soon i just want to see if it will run a few cycles w/o exploding... so tired from all this :wacko:

• EE now has a consdenser, to which a Redpower cobble gen could be linked to.25000 EMC is worth the reduced effort. :rolleyes:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

Only for a CASUC design. I've got a pretty good setup going on my SSP world it can all be fit into two chunks 1 if you use the vertical direction however he does want to use a CASUC design. ask that mjinboogje guy he might know.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P