Suggestion: tanks

• Do you want this? 10

1. Yes, im tired of using up all my tin for cells! (6) 60%
    2. no, I think cells are perfect right now. (2) 20%
    3. mabye, I like the idea but I think it needs tweaking (please post in thread) (0) 0%
    4. HA HA I TROLL U!!! (2) 20%

(please note that I will refer to refined iron as steel)

ok, people complain about how cells are only one use and make geothermal gen.s obsolete compared to a solar farm.
    introducing...
    TANKS
    no, not the ones that you ride around in and shoot rockets out of.
    the ones that hold fluids.
    the specifics:
    a tank would be crafted with 4tin in the corners and 4steel forming a chest-shape around an advanced circuit.
    TST
    SCS
    TST
    the tank would have a damage value, like battery, and would hold up to 30units of liquid (mabye more/less, its debatable)
    you fill up the tank by right-clicking with it on water/lava, like cells.
    to take the fluid out, you can either put it in a geothermal gen. or put it in the crafting grid with an empty cell.
    but.. I want to keep the tank!
    no worries, the o-so-talented devs could implement a simple code to leave the tank in the crafting grid(reducing it's damage value)while using up the cell and producing a filled cell in the output of the grid, the reverse would also work, emptying cells into the tank.*

note: this would add 3 items to the game: tank, lava tank, and water tank.
    when using an empty tank on a water block, it changes the tank into a water tank, with a damage value of 1, going up to a max. 30damage.
    using an empty tank on a lava block would change it into a lava tank with a damage value of 1, with a max 30.
    the emptying mechanism would work like the damage system of batteries (summing it up)

I hope someone out there can decipher this and get the general idea. (sorry about my poor organization)

*its done with saws in redpower, so its possible

• I believe I read (correct me if I'm wrong) that Alblaka doesn't want to implement things like this that already exist in Buildcraft. That's the reason that was given for not wanting to add pipes to Industrialcraft.

Personally I'd be very happy if I was simply allowed to hook a Buildcraft waterproof pipe up to the Geothermal generator instead of having to use the buckets in an item pipe. It's not the cost of the buckets that concerns me. It just looks a whole heck of a lot cooler. Also, it feels really disjointed having to use buckets for this one thing and not for other things I want to do.

• Unless I misunderstood, I don't think that this suggestion is to create something from buildcraft (i.e. a fixed block that allows the static storage of a liquid). It's more like an extra capacity bucket. So, I'd probably go with I agree on this one, but the capacity would be quite difficult to determine (making it sufficiently balanced to be useful, but not making either buckets or cells redundant). Might it be worth making it "leakey" so it looses some of it's liquid over time. That way it'd still be useful to harvest lava/water/etc. for immediate use, but you couldn't take it on long journeys (you'd need a bucket), or store it for later (cells).

• Implementing something like this would be posible, but i bet the next suggestion would be to make these containers work with all machines (annoying modifications ned everywhere) ...

sorry for not being specific enough, but this would be an item, not a block, that would store lava to be used in geothermal gen.s (mainly) and could be used to re-claim cells that you want back. (by emptying cells into tank, then using tank for watever)

note: apon further brainstorming, possibly make the tank lava-only, making it easier to code and to be solely for geo-gens.

• Official Post

sorry for not being specific enough, but this would be an item, not a block, that would store lava to be used in geothermal gen.s (mainly) and could be used to re-claim cells that you want back. (by emptying cells into tank, then using tank for watever)

note: apon further brainstorming, possibly make the tank lava-only, making it easier to code and to be solely for geo-gens.

Exactly that's what i've meant.
    Geo-Gen supporting a battery-like fuel object.
    Next up would be people requesting pumps being capable to fill them with lava, etc...

• Eh, Personally I just wish cells were either cheaper, or were not used up when used. Didnt we use to have batteries that would spit out of the MFE everywhere when you charged em up in a stack back in IC1, and make a huge mess without a chest next to it? Why not do that for cells?

• Exactly that's what i've meant.
    Geo-Gen supporting a battery-like fuel object.
    Next up would be people requesting pumps being capable to fill them with lava, etc...

Well.. I don't use BuildCraft (nothing there that really catches my fancy), but if you were to implement something like that in IC, I'd find a use for it!