Request Assistance: Bug? Glitch? Incompatibility Error? What is this?

• I did everything it said to do for installation, including deleting my entire .minecraft folder. Started with completely clean .minecraft folder, installed modloader, modloadermp, and mcforge in that order, dragged and dropped the industrialcraft-2-client_1.23 jar file into mods. i also downloaded the ic2 api and dropped that into .minecraft. This is what I got from Mcpatcher:

And this is the message that minecraft showed me:

I already checked the FAQ and the Bugs list.
    WHAT HAVE I DONE TO BRING YOUR WRATH UPON ME, O MINECRAFT
    __..X(
    .:Mining Laser::Nano-Bodyarmor::Chainsaw:
    .-..:Nano-Leggings:

• </init></init>

</init></init>
    Corrupt JAR file, please redownload.</init></init>

</init></init>
    Pretty common error nowadays.</init></init>

• See that's the thing. Minecraft didn't crash when the industrialcraft-2-client_1.23 jar file wasn't in the minecraft folder. I didn't get any errors after I removed industrialcraft-2-client_1.23 jar file from the minecraft folder.

</init></init>

</init></init>
    Corrupt JAR file, please redownload.</init></init>

</init></init>
    Pretty common error nowadays.</init></init>

• Try opening the archives with a program that understands .zip files; I prefer 7-zip (it's free, http://7-zip.org/ ). Test the archives, see if any is corrupt. It's either that or you don't have the correct versions, or missed one of the steps mentioned on the Industrial Craft wiki's setup page.

• Official Post

i also downloaded the ic2 api and dropped that into .minecraft. This is what I got from Mcpatcher:

1. Don't use McPatcher
    2. If your too lazy to install it manually, THERES AN APP FOR THAT!!!
    3. Have fun :D

Also, you don't need to use the IC2 Api, that is for programmers to include in their mods/addons.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....