The Technic Pack has a ripped off Power Converters

• I was checking out Technic to see how can I put an anti-Technic mechanism on my mod, when I found "TechnicBridge". Some class inspection and texture looking immediately suggests - it is Power Converters.

Now, where's power crystals?

• Today is the first I heard anything about Technic... what's the deal and why are they disliked?

They violated a number of mod licenses by not asking for any permissions to include the mod (and I think using Adf.ly). This really peeved a number of mod makers to the point of the OP wanting to find a way to stop the use of the Technic Pack with his add-on.

• I see. That ain't too cool... I fought hard against the misappropriation of texture artists' work on the MCF for a long time - people doing the same thing with the assumption that they were free to distribute others' work.

It's a shame, because it sounds like it would be a good idea if they went about it the right way.

• Actually, if you take a look at the mods page over on the MC Wiki, you'll actually notice that the editors over there took down the link to the Technic Pack.

I find it kind of funny.

• Official Post

I was checking out Technic to see how can I put an anti-Technic mechanism on my mod, when I found "TechnicBridge". Some class inspection and texture looking immediately suggests - it is Power Converters.

Now, where's power crystals?

If I remember correctly (Since I can't check now, since SA hid their MC thread from non-members). Powercrystal coded the converter directly for the Technic pack, then released it as a stand alone add-on on the MC forums/IC forums. I could be honestly mistaken though, since it's been quite a while...

• If I remember correctly (Since I can't check now, since SA hid their MC thread from non-members). Powercrystal coded the converter directly for the Technic pack, then released it as a stand alone add-on on the MC forums/IC forums. I could be honestly mistaken though, since it's been quite a while...

I doubt it. Power Crystals has some things that are designed specifically for IC2. And he knows quite well how terrible the technic pack is.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Official Post

I doubt it. Power Crystals has some things that are designed specifically for IC2. And he knows quite well how terrible the technic pack is.

Source

• I doubt it. Power Crystals has some things that are designed specifically for IC2. And he knows quite well how terrible the technic pack is.

How can so few get so much so wrong? (Yes, it's me, power crystals from mcforums. Also from SA.)

"TechnicBridge" was the original and incredibly buggy version of what became PowerConverters. I originally made it technic only because the technic guys are actually pretty cool and raised a ton of money for mod authors (disclaimer: includes me, but AFTER this happened, whereas most were before). A week or two later I fixed it up and released it standalone on mcforums for those people that are allergic to mod packs.

I know technic quite well, too - I hang out in their IRC channel a lot. I'm even an & for those of you nerdy enough to know what that means in the context of IRC. TechnicBridge was done by me because of requests from technic, but I've done other stuff for them too - various mod bugfixes and some minor updates (such as a technic-only version of the shelves mod that can render forge mod items) as well as provided help to other people who were doing technic related stuff but weren't as familiar with modding. I didn't personally do it, but without me earlier versions of technic would not have had a forge and SMP-ready version of xie's farming mod. Talk about licenses all you want; I've done what I've done so that using mods is easier for the users and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat :)

So basically Adien's got it right and the rest of you have no idea what you're talking about.

e: and then somebody tells me this is a month old. my point still stands.