*question* not urgent tho*

• i have stupidly upgraded to 1.0.0, im desperately waiting for IC2 1.0.0 to come out, or is it out?
    just to clarify, is this how you install ic2..
    inst modloader...
    inst modloader mp
    inst forge
    copy IC2 jar into "mods" folder
    DONE
    its hard with mods like this because IC2 might be up to date, but modloader or forge might not be, so you have to wait

please take your time answering this but i would like an answer soon

l33tsco., *smileys just for the shiggles*:):P:L;):O:/ :cursing: MinecraftChar :!: :?: :evil: :whistling: :wacko:

l33tsco.

• Yes, correct installation order, no it's DUH not out yet (not even in developement so far).

Last I saw, it looked like forge isn't 1.0 compatible yet.

Not to pry, but from a dev standpoint, does it look like we're just hung up on forge's release or will there likely be more 1.0 work to do after the 1.0 compatible forge drops?

• Last I saw, it looked like forge isn't 1.0 compatible yet.

Not to pry, but from a dev standpoint, does it look like we're just hung up on forge's release or will there likely be more 1.0 work to do after the 1.0 compatible forge drops?

Forge is on standby for the 1.01 bugfix release last i heard. I'm sure they are looking into the changes made in 1.0 so far but are waiting for 1.01.
    Also, i think SpaceToad is on a vacation. He has great timing with his vacations, had one between 1.73 and 1.8 as well. *wink*

Either way, if you wanna blame anyone then blame Mojang for not investing in a Mod API... It's not like they can't afford a few extra devs focused on that. Maybe they should ask Risugami and Eloraam? Or just have give a select few modders access to the source code so they can code a proper API without having to look at func_xxxx_y() and figure out which feature was added there.
    Either way, it's MCP, ModLoader (Not necessarily reliant on MCP), ModloaderMP, Forge in that order before any Forge reliant mods can be updated. The alternative isn't that great though with all the mod clashes and all and every developer having to solve all problems by themselves which means less content overall in the modding scene.

EDIT:
    To the OP btw... Now you know to keep your old clean MC jar files. You can probably find a clean one on the net somewhere if you look hard enough.
    No... There is no archive on mincraft.net. (there really should be one)
    No... Asking for a MC jar here is not a good idea.

I keep all minecraft jars i possibly can. (A have some from about 1 and a half year ago)