Coalfuel sustainable for a mining op?

• And if you pipe the output to a filler, you can get rid of two cave networks at the same time. :D

Heheh, hadn't thought of that! Using the output from one quarry to fill the previous one? I suppose it could be easily done but I'd want to make sure that I didn't send my valuables into it by mistake.
    I usually just set two double chests adjacent to the Quarry and then drop the Filler there when I'm done.

• As others have recommended, I think it is better to save your coal for its other uses.

Lately I've been powering my miners with 1 wire, 1 BatBox, and 5 Solar. Use a regular drill with an OV scanner. I just set up several and let them run. Come back a few days later, collect the loot, and move them 9 squares. I have used crystals to power diamond drill mines in the past. IIRC it takes about 500,000 EU / mine. I estimate I average about 1 diamond per 9x9 mine.

Quarries are not very efficient but are good for scrap and clearing up the "abandoned mine" mazes. I usually just use a BC Filler to put a cap on them when done.

depends on if you have redpower installed or not.
    with a MFSU and a lapotron crystal I had ~200k energy left after a mining operation.

• Generally with a quad miner you'll want 4 lapotronics for fully equipped miners. The H / I configuration for wiring is also about the most effective (any more miners and it becomes too much of a pain, plus you can no longer fit the mining op in to a single container.

I'd be interested in a screenshot or a diagram of this. On the surface, it seems simple - until you add in considerations of downstepping the output, and pumps to keep each miner clear.

• quarries arefantastic! for scrap production one quarry goes to about 3 or 4 recyclers. if you don't want to mar the landscape with them, you can still turn them into cobblestone generators. I tend to have a BC/IC power converter mod to convert the Eu/s from solar panels to work the quarry.

I haven't done it since the update though, hope it still works, be less efficient with the reduced average output of panels due to weather. all the more reason to live in a volcano in a desert!

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• quarries arefantastic! for scrap production one quarry goes to about 3 or 4 recyclers. if you don't want to mar the landscape with them, you can still turn them into cobblestone generators. I tend to have a BC/IC power converter mod to convert the Eu/s from solar panels to work the quarry.

I haven't done it since the update though, hope it still works, be less efficient with the reduced average output of panels due to weather. all the more reason to live in a volcano in a desert!

You can also do what a friend did once. Stick them slightly under the surface as basically everything valuable is down quite a bit.
    Requires a bit more effort (must clear out the chamber for the thing to occupy) but it doesn't leave a gaping hole.