Nuclear explosions and water

• I like to have build craft quarries mine in the ocean/rivers. Anything to fill them with water. I end up with nice ~20x20 pits full of water that go down to bedrock. My question is: if I build a reactor in the middle of one of these pits down at around y=35, what will the explosion of the reactor do to the sides of the pit? Is it absorbed by the water? Or does the force just pass through the water until it hits something solid?

• It is absorbed and deflected slightly by the water. The resistance is fairly nerfed, but as long as your power output cable has enough bends in the correct places to provide isolation that way it should work...

Of course refueling this thing will then be a major headache.

• one nuke under water is no problem, the water just evaporate and the water above will refill it.
    9 nuke will blow up all to bedrock...

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• You don't need that much water to cool it down .. If you're concerned with safety, simply run a risk-free setup in your reactor.

• I am planning on building some mk-2 reactors based of of dezuman's 3eff design. It seems to be a sweet spot of reliability and efficiency. I also what to use this nice big water filled pits for something. The Quantum helmet makes setting this up pretty easy. They shouldn't blow up but then again, the Titanic shouldn't have sunk... CYA and all that. Glad to know that all that water will do some damage mitigation.

• I like to have build craft quarries mine in the ocean/rivers. Anything to fill them with water. I end up with nice ~20x20 pits full of water that go down to bedrock. My question is: if I build a reactor in the middle of one of these pits down at around y=35, what will the explosion of the reactor do to the sides of the pit? Is it absorbed by the water? Or does the force just pass through the water until it hits something solid?

I would test it on a creative world first...
    It should be fine, I would just run my cable straight up, if this is in ocean by the time the explosion gets to the surface it won't have enough strength to reach land...