[upcoming 1.0] Support Request: get ready for 256+ block id mods

• hi,

while you are converting to 1.0 could you add support for the following 2 mods too plz?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…a-v01-working-in-ssp-smp/
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…intons-mods/#4096BlockIDs

i hope you can support this as it dont sounds like to much work and would allow us to finaly use tons of great mods together again.

• Any sort of basefile modification clashes with MCForge.
    If the creator if this mod creates a stable Force-based release, i will use it, for sure. Otherwise, nope, not possible.

to use that mod you need
    modloader
    modloadermp
    forge

so i think you can just use it. and what i get that it says is that you dont need to use the mod, the code will work too with vanilla.
    if i am wrong here then plz correct me

• Official Post

to use that mod you need
    modloader
    modloadermp
    forge

so i think you can just use it. and what i get that it says is that you dont need to use the mod, the code will work too with vanilla.
    if i am wrong here then plz correct me

Hmmm... then it is forge-build. Will probably contact the mods creator and try to get him to put his changes into Forge itself or something. But currently i don't have much time at hands ^^'

• Hmmm... then it is forge-build. Will probably contact the mods creator and try to get him to put his changes into Forge itself or something. But currently i don't have much time at hands ^^'

I don't believe the forge team is interested in having something as save breaking as that in Forge (but that was said quite a while ago), however i think the main issue here is to make sure that IC is done right to take advantage of the extended IDs without something messing up so that it can be used. Not so much incorporating it, more of a make sure IC doesn't die from having higher ID numbers.

• I don't believe the forge team is interested in having something as save breaking as that in Forge (but that was said quite a while ago), however i think the main issue here is to make sure that IC is done right to take advantage of the extended IDs without something messing up so that it can be used. Not so much incorporating it, more of a make sure IC doesn't die from having higher ID numbers.

That was the BTW developer, but since he dropped forge, there isn't as much opposition too it now.