[Suggestion] FOF Tesla coil

• It would be nice if there were a Tesla coil that automatically treated anyone wearing any form of rechargeable armor as a friend and did not even try to zap them. If this is already the behavior; sorry I haven't had time to experiment.

Edit: oh yeah, tagging in the topic...

• I think we ought to revisit the *frequency* security system, where you could use a freq-trans to charge it with the value of a tesla coil (or the other way around rather, hopefully allowing customization of frequency, similar interface to the forcefield addon)
    And anyone with the frequency transmitter that matched the tesla-coil would not get zapped, so distribute them to *friends* so as to allow them safe access (and tell them to be careful, and perhaps change codes periodically, so as to avoid theft resulting in unwanted visitors)

• Haven't gotten tesla coils to work... too confusing but I find a wall with a little overhang (for spiders) will keep the bugs out... as for getting out yourself just make pits for them to fall into.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• How about something even simpler: a Tesla coil that attacks anything that's not a player? I want to sprinkle them all over the inside of my base on a non-PVP server to get rid of those damned endermen that teleport in to escape the rain.

• Yes, like I said 'bug zapper'. I actually build all the indoor parts of my bases 2 high now for this very reason. Makes me feel like I'm playing DOOM or Quake again.

• Hmm... could be painfull if the charge of your armor depletes^^.

Basically I would like the tesla-coil to do something different. Some kind of lightning-fence. If you place a coil next to iron-fences they could get electrified and burn things that touch them (would work much like cacti, but with a little bit more pain). I guess this would destroy items dropped onto the fence, but you always have some drawbacks.