[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• Official Post

No.
    1) Compare resources needed for 1 Geothermal Generator (20 EU/t) and 1 Advanced Solar Panel (8 EU/t). While geothermals produce more, they are million times easier to make than ASPs, ESPECIALLY with GT.
    2) Solar Panels produce 8 EU/t when it's day and 1 EU/t when it's raining/night. Geothermals produce 20 EU/t as long as you feed them with lava, which, honestly, is incredibly easy with the lava from nether.

Now we come to the conclusion that spamming geothermals is MUCH more profit and easy than spamming ASPs.

Solar panels are fire and forget, if compared to geothermals.
    When the scale of things gets big is where the problem comes.

For example, if you have 10 Ultimate hybrids solar panels (5120 EU/t), to achieve the same with geothermals you need 256 geothermals, consuming 1 lava bucket every 2 ticks.
    The nether is lava-plentiful, but it is not infinite , neither is your time to move the pump that often.

Guess why i still prefer my lovely windmills?

• To the creator of Advance Solar Panel: I have downloaded the latest version of this mod for Minecraft and came across a crash start-up of the game, saying it was the adv. solar panel. I dont know if I should post error logs on this page or not but it would be much appreciated to have an answer. Thanks.

• Solar panels are fire and forget, if compared to geothermals.
    When the scale of things gets big is where the problem comes.

For example, if you have 10 Ultimate hybrids solar panels (5120 EU/t), to achieve the same with geothermals you need 256 geothermals, consuming 1 lava bucket every 2 ticks.
    The nether is lava-plentiful, but it is not infinite , neither is your time to move the pump that often.

Guess why i still prefer my lovely windmills?

Let's see. One USH requires 16 iridium plates. You need 10 USHs. 160 iridium plates.
    Simple calculations:
    1 bucket worth of uum costs 1666666 -> 1666666 * 42 = 69999972 EU per ONE iridium ore (+ a ton of scrap).
    Iridum plate costs 279999888 EU.
    Now, you need 160 of these, thus we get 44,799,982,080 EU. 45 Billion EU. FOURTY FIVE BILLION.
    I don't even mention scrap and uranium (on hard mode) required for this.
    That's why Sentimel decided to add Molecular Transformer to the game.

• Official Post

45B EU is not that hard, once you have enough resources to build a massively complex generation system, like my lovely windmills :D

Also, 45B EU would pay itself (5120 EU/t) within 12 hours (of daylight). 121 hours

Differences of SMP and SSP not included.
    You could make the molecular transformer not craftable SMP.

• Yes, you should always post error logs for any problems regarding startup/crashes and freezings.
    [This is also valid for other addons and IC² itself]

Okay, here is the error log I got when i start up minecraft with Advance Solar panel mod.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 11/11/13 4:30 AM
    Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: advsolar/BlockAdvSolarPanel
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:462)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:509)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:183)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:473)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: advsolar.BlockAdvSolarPanel
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 34 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class advsolar.BlockAdvSolarPanel has interface net.minecraft.world.storage.IThreadedFileIO as super class
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:178)
    ... 36 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:462)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:509)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:183)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:473)

-- Initialization --
    Details:
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

• Pay itself within 12 hours? Realy?
    44,799,982,080 (EU) / 5120 (EU/t) = 8,749,996.5 t
    8,749,996.5 (t) / 20 (t/sec) = 437,499.825 sec
    437,499.825 (sec) / 3600 (sec/h) = 121.53 hours of daylight
    If you don't skip night 121.53 + (121.53 * 7/8 ) ~ 228 hours of real time

• Official Post

Pay itself within 12 hours? Realy?
    44,799,982,080 (EU) / 5120 (EU/t) = 8,749,996.5 t
    8,749,996.5 (t) / 20 (t/sec) = 437,499.825 sec
    437,499.825 (sec) / 3600 (sec/h) = 121.53 hours of daylight
    If you don't skip night 121.53 + (121.53 * 7/8 ) ~ 228 hours of real time

Oops, it seems i missed one number in my calculator :D
    Still, it is 10 days, not much for a SMP server, after that everything is a +
    Valid point for SSP tho.

• I am also getting the same message. I've been adding a bunch of mods to my 1.6.4 Forge folder (vanilla Minecraft launcher) to make sort of a "mini-FTB" (still waiting for a few mods to update to 1.6.x. :)). Got this error -

• Part 2-

• Part 3 (one more coming - sigh, char limits...)

• Decided to try a bare-bones approach (IC2, Forge, ChickenChunks, Solars). Still got an error.

• Official Post

Alright then, but how do i make the panels then? Just wait?

Since we can't help you, probably yes, you may have to wait or cheat in some UUM items if you can dispose the liquid UUM at the same rate. [1000 mB of Liquid UUM is equivalent to one old item]

ariosos : Please use pastebin.com or any other website of the same kind for error logs.

• Official Post

but when will it come out?I nearly can't wait for it!

when the time comes, which means, i don't know. and neither care about it :3
    Btw, avoid asking for release dates or any similar talking.
    [It is a bannable offense, for IC² and addons, given the addon developer doesnt like ppl asking for updates for his mod]