[Bug 1.42] Damage from ULV cable?

• Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I thought tin cable wasn't supposed to damage you?
    The setup: tin cable with 4 solar panels attached to it and there's no damage
    add 2 windmill on the same cable up in the air* and i'm now taking damage from the cable. This was a problem as I was standing on the cable I was adding the windmill to.

*just ~38 higher for now, don't have the resources for HV converters

• 4 solar panels = 4 EU/t
    2 wind mills = 0 to 5 EU/t per panel, a total of 0 to 10 EU/t
    Combined that makes it 14 EU/t that can flow through the tin wire. I don't know the threshold for getting electrocuted but i have been electrocuted ona copper wire with one standard generator (5 EU/t, IC2 1.23) on it before.

Now, how can 14 EU/t pass through a tin cable? Since each packet is <= 5 EU it doesn't melt. But the combined transfer rate is 14 EU/t from 4 solar generator packets and 2 wind generator packets. IIRC, it's the combined rate that hurts you.

• Official Post

IIRC, it's the combined rate that hurts you.

Nope, only single-packets are considered, the electrocuting uses the exactly same code as the cable melting.

I think i probably forgot raising the TinCable electrocuting threshhold whilst rising it's max capacity.

• Nope, only single-packets are considered, the electrocuting uses the exactly same code as the cable melting.

I think i probably forgot raising the TinCable electrocuting threshhold whilst rising it's max capacity.

Damn, i am just too lazy to read source code all the time :D