Support Request: MC Keeps Crashing.

• Every time I try playing MC it crashes once it gets to the Mojang emblem. I deleted IC2 and it worked fine. I've got everything necessary installed so I don't know what's wrong. When I ran the IC2 file it said it was corrupt or incorrect. The worse part is IC2 is one of my favorite mods so this is driving me crazy. Can anyone help? MinecraftCreeper

• Not unless you provide logs and stop wasting our time (and yours) having to tell you and about a hundred other people about this obvious fact. We can't read your harddrive for you and we cannot just magically find a solution to the problem unless you tell us what you did and what happened (not "MC crash plox halp", but actually a crash log... GOOGLE IT)

As for running the IC2 jar, no... You cannot run the IC2 jar, it's meant to be run by minecraft itself.

• You might have a block ID conflict between RP2 for 1.8.1 and minecraft 1.0.0; the crafting table (among some other stuff) conflicts.

Here's how to fix it, in the .minecraft/ folder move all the config, saves, buildcraft, redpower (and any other mod config folders) out to a backup area.

Now when you re-run minecraft you'll be testing it with no world and no-configuration. This will allow auto ID resolution to pick some different values.

IF that works you may want to use an ID conversion program to import old worlds in to the new block IP mapping.

• Then you installed it wrong. Abort the mod.

Move everything in .minecraft/ somewhere else and run minecraft again; it will reset you to vanilla 1.0.0 ; test it and make sure it works.
    Make a /backup/ of .minecraft/ (copy it somewhere else)
    Make another working copy.
    Follow the modding instructions again using a program like 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/ to work on the .jar files. Take it slowly, step by step.

Make a backup copy of that too, after verifying it works.

• 1. Deleted my MC file.
    2. Got a new one.
    3. Installed modloader, modloadermp, and forge 1.2.2.
    4. Installed IC2. Ran it successfully.
    5.Installed technic pack. Same problem as earlier.
    Conclusion-Something in Technic is conflicting with it.

• IC2 has been added to technic. So that may or may not be the problem, I don't know other people haven't had this problem while running technic.

Technic pack is not compatible with most if not all the mods because it already has a shitton of mods in it. You prolly run out of id's or something.

• One simple solution... Install IC2 correctly. Using technic pack is not the correct way to install Industrial Craft. Simply having Technic pack on your PC or any remains of it will most likely cause you to fail at pretty much anything.
    Remove Technic pack and do it properly. If you don't then we cannot help you any further.

• -.- Yes it does install it properly other people haven't had the problem with technic. Besides all you have to do is add it to your mod folder there is no complex install.
    EDIT: It won't even work on a fresh mc folder. I installed it along with modloader, modloadermp, and forge 1.2.2 and when I tried logging in all I got was a black screen.

• from what your saying there is nothing wrong with IC2, just a mod pack that had no consented permission from any of the authors to use their mods.

• I stand by what i said earlier... Install IC2 manually!

Start with a clean 1.0.0 jar.
    Then install ModLoader 1.0.0
    Then ModLoaderMP 1.0.0
    Then Forge 1.2.2
    Finally place industrial craft in your mods folder.

Play!
    Does it still crash?
    No? Alright then... Does it crash with Technic pack?
    Yes? Guess what, Technic pack is broken!

Further more... Don't run mod packs. They have about a thousand different ways of breaking and the authors of the pack shits on developers any time they can.
    If most of us can install the mods in Technic pack manually then so can you.