[Suggestion (potential Addon)] Iridium Drill

• Official Post

To drop a useful comment in here:
    Energy Consumption isnt an issue since Lappacks power Drills for a loooooooong time.
    AoE Drilling is plainly stupid idea.
    Drilling speed is already quite maxed for most materials. F.e. drilling dirt cant get any fester, given the speed MC needs to switch from block to block if you keep LMB clicked. Admittedly a speedier drill could ravage through Stone slightly faster then it can now, though.

Don't really see a reason for a new drill.

• AoE Drilling is plainly stupid idea.

Exactly why, though? I can see the code being a bit annoying, but I'm not seeing it as 'plainly stupid'.

Maybe tweak the laser's scatter mode, or add a tunnel mode, that makes a 3x3 tunnel (around the middle block), thus removing the need for anyone to make any 'AoE Drilling' Suggestions.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

Exactly why, though? I can see the code being a bit annoying, but I'm not seeing it as 'plainly stupid'.

Cause i can't imagine a drill mining multiple blocks, only if it would be bigger, as for Alblaka too i think.

• Official Post

1. It's entirely unrealistic, even for MC levels.
    2. It would need a toggle function (yey, a new key), because otherwise it would become entirely unusable for fine drilling. And i doubt anyone wants to carry 2 drills.
    3. No :O

• Maybe instead of increased drilling speed or "magic" AoE drilling, it functions as an actual drill. In that, you point it in a direction, click and hold the mouse, and it destroys the block in front of you. And the one behind that. And behind that. And that. And so on for about 16 blocks, which is as far as the drill head can reach.

Would make a useful way for boring scouting holes for mining operations, or tunnels for industrial blasting.

I know the mining laser already does this, but it can also be used as a weapon and boasts a bunch of other functions, and has a chance of destroying the blocks it mines. This could be a high material cost, but low EU cost, option for boring neat 1x1x16 holes to toss dynamite in or ram explosives through for blasting.