1500 EU/T reactors.

• Hello people,

first of all marry christmas to all.

second, i wish to go into constructing of an massive 1500 EU/T reactor, using automatic bucket fillers and all the necesary things.

but actualy, i have NO clue of where to start... anybody have some hints for me? i wil post my finished design for the reactor

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• lets have an look then shall we? :P

edit... lol verry complicated. might be best to first build some experience with reactors before even atempting this :P

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• hi mijnboogje

the best piece of advice would be to start a test world, and using tmi play around with the deployer to fill buckets, and filters to take full buckets in and out of deployers/the nuclear reactor.

this is assuming i guess that you are using rp2 as that is how it tends to be done.

get buckets going into the reactor and empty buckets going out without the reactor running (by adding empty buckets) then turn it on with only a few uranium cells, and test again. then just slowly ramp it up as you feel comfortable with.

like I tell my brother start things off small scale as especially with this experiment if you try to go big first, you will end up with many craters before you learn much. :)

goodluck!

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• now thats some good advise, thankyou for that.

the only thing i do NOT know is how to work rp in the more complicated levels, normal redstone is easy for me. but rp.. i just scratched the surface with my quadriple mark 4 reactors...

if you know an large (i dont care bout time it takes) tutorial on rp.. please share it with me :)

thanx in advance

• I don't know any large tutorials but if you can give me a few small questions about what you don't get about RP then shoot me a PM and i will help you figure it out.

RP2 is pretty straight forwards, if you think about it it's just like redstone but takes less space and allows you to build vertically.

• hey cadde,

do you have any msn - skype or other way i can talk directly to you?

if so, please send me an message becouse i wil have quite some questions :)

• i am having problems with the transportation of the buckets. what pipe can i use for it? :P i am using pre4

• Redpower has only 1 pipe for everything (pneumatic pipes). Filters and transposers can be used to pick items up (for instance from a chest or from the ground) and put them in pipes. Just mess around a bit with the pneumatic pipes and all the machines. Thats the best way to learn.

1 more thing to note the redpower pipe system is smart and it tries to prevent overflow. However sometimes you want overflow thats why ppl also use buildcraft pipes.

• Redpower has only 1 pipe for everything (pneumatic pipes). Filters and transposers can be used to pick items up (for instance from a chest or from the ground) and put them in pipes. Just mess around a bit with the pneumatic pipes and all the machines. Thats the best way to learn.

1 more thing to note the redpower pipe system is smart and it tries to prevent overflow. However sometimes you want overflow thats why ppl also use buildcraft pipes.

i tried using the pneumatic piping system. only it does not transport my buckets.. thats why i am asking.

how do i set this up?

• il do that tomorow rick, i got an healthy tutorial to sleep on right now...

• I can break down how I built my reactor in more detail if you'd like. The mods I used were RP2pre4b and EE (for the alchemy chest). Take a look here

thx for the info, i already found one error.. i used gold ignots instead of the needed brass ignots. so one mayor flaw :P

also, cadde is suporting me throu pm with questions i have. il try to post the setup as soon i am able to.. first il make an working bucket circulation..