[SOLVED] Support Request - Sheered sheep - do not re-grow wool in any version based on vanilla <= 1.0.1

• I'm hoping this is some silly little thing I'm not doing, or a 1.0.0 bug... but I have a bunch of sheep in a pen, which has grass, but they aren't regrowing wool. I've glanced at the normal wiki, but it said something about a week 49 version; which I think came out after the 1.0.0 release.

• http://www.minecraftwiki.net/w…velopment_versions#11w49a

The release was made on Dec 8th and isn't MC 1.0.0 but a development build (much like the 1.9pr releases) and using IC2 on them is most likely futile.

• Yes I quite know; IC2 is running just fine; it's the -sheep- in 1.0.0 + IC2 etc that I'm having an issue with.

• Yes I quite know; IC2 is running just fine; it's the -sheep- in 1.0.0 + IC2 etc that I'm having an issue with.

Yeah, the point is you asked if sheep regrow wool by eating grass and my reply was pretty much "Not yet", it will come in the next MC release.

• I'm hoping this is some silly little thing I'm not doing, or a 1.0.0 bug... but I have a bunch of sheep in a pen, which has grass, but they aren't regrowing wool. I've glanced at the normal wiki, but it said something about a week 49 version; which I think came out after the 1.0.0 release.

So let me make this crystal clear: ISSUE: Sheep aren't regrowing wool; what's wrong, since it's not that thing that happened after 1.0.0 came out?

• just kill the sheep and find new ones until the problem is fixed

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

• So let me make this crystal clear: ISSUE: Sheep aren't regrowing wool; what's wrong, since it's not that thing that happened after 1.0.0 came out?

I'm not quite getting what the problem is?

If you are running the developer build then sheep will have it's wool grow back.
    If you are using standard MC 1.0.0 then sheep will not have it's wool grow back.

Sheep has never grown wool back after being sheared in the past. The first time i heard of it was when you posted and i read about it in the weekly dev build.
    So to be CRYSTAL CLEAR:

Sheep will never re-grow their wool and they never have in the past unless you use the development build that was released on Dec 8th this year.

EDIT:

What are you going to do with all that wool anyways? Are you using RP2?
    If you are using RP2 then you can cut grass until you find some flax seeds and plant them. They work exactly like wheat but grow 2 tiles high. They drop flax seeds and string.
    The reason they exists in RP2 is because of all the wool and string you need to make colored cables and bundled cables.

• Yeah on 1.0.0 + RP2; I was already making a farm for pigs and cows so I figured sheep too (since they drop ~3 wool on average). I hadn't actually bothered to try farming sheep before since the /last/ time I cared about this animals spawned like mad at night in my nicely lit landscapes. I guess it's a 1.0.0 bug that the dev-buidls fix.

Thanks for letting me know that they do not normally regrow wool.

• Back in, I think, alpha, Sheep could regrow wool by eating grass.

If you can provide an example of sheep ever regrowing wool prior to the Dec 8 dev build i stand by my claim. I have never seen a sheep regrow it's wool and it has been like that for the past 2 years.