Power Plant Processing Problems

• So I'm attempting to construct a plant that will process everything I'm going to be collecting from a series of quarrys. Iron, Uranium, anything the quarries could throw at me, this building can handle. Or at least, has the pipes and the machinery to handle. It lacks power. To that end I installed a solar roof and put two small nuclear reactors in the basement. The images below show my power setup from the nuclear plant to the machines. And it is failing. Badly. SO badly.

I'm using the latest versions of IC, BC, and Red Power, as well as the IC-BC Crossover Mod. I don't have any of the Red Power machines, as it conflicted with Twilight Forest.

First Image

The foreground wire is taking 4 EU/tick, which is all the MV Transformer is outputting. Under the obsidian is a Mark I nuclear reactor connected to an MFSU. It's power output is approximately 70 EU/tick. Not great, but it should be able to do this, and it isn't. No other wire is taking any power. The other two sets of wires to the side are a second nuclear reactor and a series of solar panels, but I think if I can figure out what's going on in this little subset it will explain what's going wrong with the whole project.

Second Image

Here's the transformer in the back. No power. You'll note that it and the transformer to the left are actually connected (as we're about to see). But the output is facing up in both cases. It was either that or power 8 machines off of one LV current, as far as I know.
    Third Image

And this is the conclusion. There's zero power in this portion of the machinery. The detector wire runs under 4 macerators, which are also connected to that other transformer we saw in the same way. It's also powering 8 small electrical engines from the IC-BC Crossover Mod.

What I'm trying to figure out is why there's so much power potentially available, but the wires aren't using any, and neither are the machines.

• My only suggestion would be to triple check that all the output faces are facing the right way.

Also, obsidian will do zero protection should your reactor explode; you'll want to use reinforced stone. :)

• It actually offers you a /little/ more protection than stone. Which is practically nil in comparison to what a reactor deals. Obsidian is best used as decoration and maybe portals to the nether.

• Output faces have been triple checked. Power flows out the MFSU as whatever-voltage-it-wants. It goes into the High Voltage end of the MV Transformer. From there, the MV Transformer takes it to the HV end of the LV Transformer. From there to the wires.

I'm really not concerned about the reactor blowing up all that much. I've put in an off switch, but more importantly this is a Mark I that I've run for a pretty long time as a test. Besides, that's something I know how to improve, I'm completely at a loss with this wiring.

• Before we begin:
    1: Yeah, obsidian really isn’t going to do it. Use AT LEAST 2 layers of reinforced stone/glass with any reactor setup. All it takes is one mistake…
    2: Never put an MFSU close to a reactor. Even if you have it properly insulated, that’s TEN DIAMONDS, and you do not want even the slightest chance that a blast could follow the wire to the MFSU.

Now, I’m sure we’d all appreciate it if you were a bit more clear with what your setup is, and where the bottle neck is you’re trying to fix.

A: Are you saying that the 4eu/t output is too low for what you think you need?
    B: Are you saying that the appliances aren’t drawing power from the storage devices?
    C: What voltages are you using? Of course with Glass Fiber that doesn’t matter much with lengths below 20.
    D: Try to remove the IC/BC stuff and detector cables, see if that lets stuff draw.
    E: Try to describe to us the exact setup, voltages, wire lengths, what appliances are hooked up with what.

Try to simplify your setup to determine where exactly the issue is. Make a couple of bat-boxes and batteries, and connect them to different sections of your setup to try to determine where the flow is getting bottlenecked. Shoot some power through and see how much of it makes it to the other side. I find it enlightening to use SinglePlayer/TMI to mirror my setup and troubleshoot in a failure-free environment.