Tin cables from solar panels are processing 25 EU/t, is this as designed?

• Hello, IC^2 noob here, just started yesterday:
    According to the wiki tin cables are only allowed to pass 5 EU/t. i have 5 solar panel flowers all with tin cables transferring to a single tin cable that goes down to my array of EU storage devices.

EU-reader (which i read is currently bugged...) states on the output of the solar panels is 5 EU/t (5 panels) but the combined cable is 25 EU/t.

Question: aren't the cables suppose to melt if above rated capacity? If this is per design, can the wiki be changed by someone in the know?

-Kitchen

• This is intended behavior as pointed out by Rick. Though i must say that any cable should melt based on the combined EU/t, not on a per packet basis.

And with the knowledge you have gained so far you are knowledgable enough to update the wiki yourself.

• The unit for voltage should really be eu/packet (or eu/p) not eu/t to avoid this confusion...

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Voltage is packet size. Current is EU/t...

I know. Packet size = eu per packet = eu/p - but eu/t is often used instead, causing confusion.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• While the current system is O.K. it is also quite counter intuitive.

Not if you know that EU/p and EU/t is two totally different things... It's just not explained clearly enough on the Wiki pages i guess.
    It probably needs more repetition and BIG RED LETTERS

• Not if you know that EU/p and EU/t is two totally different things... It's just not explained clearly enough on the Wiki pages i guess.
    It probably needs more repetition and BIG RED LETTERS

Sorry, Wrong. Read up on what intuitive means.

It is contrary to what would be the obvious mechanic, and logical real world correlation, where the amount of EUs going through the cable obviously would be added together, and ought to melt the cable as a result. The fact it does not work this way causes it to be counter-intutive.
    Sorry, but just because you know it does not prevent large numbers of threads from people who get confused by counter-intutive mechanics from being created.

I personally think it ought to be changed, but I see the issues with changing it (specifically that this would also have to change the way resistance works, as well as increasing melting points of wires, and probably explosion points for storage machines, and hence requires significant thinking before my posting an actual suggestion on the topic)

Edit: Fixed quotes (I think)

• Obviously everytime someone posts on these forums they should add "Minecraft and Industrial craft is a game, it doesn't have to make sense to a real life engineer"

However, i do agree with you. Current is what melts cables and kills people, not voltage.
    And i have suggested this change in the past but have yet to see any support for it. People like their wonky mechanics because they base their "hax designs" on the very same mechanics.

EDIT: And dammit, learn to quote right!

• Obviously everytime someone posts on these forums they should add "Minecraft and Industrial craft is a game, it doesn't have to make sense to a real life engineer"

However, i do agree with you. Current is what melts cables and kills people, not voltage.
    And i have suggested this change in the past but have yet to see any support for it. People like their wonky mechanics because they base their "hax designs" on the very same mechanics.

EDIT: And dammit, learn to quote right!

Gah, I dropped it again. That tends to happen sometimes when I try to avoid massive quote pyamids, I remove the wrong tags, or whatever.