Suggestion: Diamond mining efficiency

• We can use macerator to make our mining twice as efficient, but it only applies to metals while there are also diamonds and coal. There is no possibility to somehow get more diamonds without enchanting. And we don't like enchanting, do we ? I'm not big enchanter myself, but i like Fortune much due to its power to multiply diamonds. And i like diamonds. Glass fibre cable and mfs unit are very costly.

I think it would be nice to have some way (machine (Macextractor)) to get more diamonds from one diamond ore block. By "more" i don't exacly mean 2 or 3, it can be 1 and 1/4 of diamond in form of soft diamond dust, which is thrown away because Steve lacks means to make it useful.

I suggest possibility to mine whole ore block and be able to further process that block to squeeze more precious diamonds of it. Let's say we add diamond ore to the machine and after some time, it spits away one diamond which can be found in ore block, but it also extracts a little bit of diamond-ish dust-ish thing (example), more of which can be later compressed (?) into a single diamond. To balance it a little, we can make more of this product needed to create one diamond, or just make that diamond more fragile so you can't use it to make tools, but it is still able to store energy and be used in MFE, MFS or similar.

Same thing then can be done with coal. Small piles of coal dust can be then put together to make complete useful coal dust.

I'm not 100% shoe about my english, but i believe you got my point.
    Thanks.

TL;DR - Read it.

• You only get 1 Coal dust by design... Coal is a precious resource in IC2, you can make diamonds out of it. Coal is rather abundant in the world so getting one dust out of it makes perfect sense to me.
    As for diamonds. I kinda have to agree but running a diamond block in a macerator... Diamonds would tear the macerator apart and would stay diamonds.

Maybe a diamond drill upgrade that not only gives you the ore or diamonds as you mine but also gives you a 3rd resource like some diamond dust which can be used to lessen the cost of making industrial diamonds or can be used on the chainsaw to make a diamond chainsaw.
    Or used as a macerator upgrade to make it macerate faster?

• You only get 1 Coal dust by design... Coal is a precious resource in IC2, you can make diamonds out of it. Coal is rather abundant in the world so getting one dust out of it makes perfect sense to me.
    As for diamonds. I kinda have to agree but running a diamond block in a macerator... Diamonds would tear the macerator apart and would stay diamonds.

Maybe a diamond drill upgrade that not only gives you the ore or diamonds as you mine but also gives you a 3rd resource like some diamond dust which can be used to lessen the cost of making industrial diamonds or can be used on the chainsaw to make a diamond chainsaw.
    Or used as a macerator upgrade to make it macerate faster?

Well, I'm not saying that we can place diamonds in macerator. It can be brand new block which price can be set to match its purpose. Also im not saying that placing coal dives you more than one coal dust. I was thinking about placing coal and diamond blocks (ore form) to get bonus resources. But, you need another advanced piece of machinery (precise drill of some sort? // miner-like portable machine?) to carefully cut out that normally unobtainable block. Such device could have more uses. And the amount of that bonus product you will need to create additional diamond/coal is adjustable.

I just think there should be some way to increase diamond/coal income even by a little bit.

Oh and faster macerator is also great idea.

• Every diamond block could drop one diamond and 0-2 'diamond dust' piles (heavily weighted towards 0.5 piles of dust per ore block). 4 piles of diamond dust and 5 coal dust (more just for coloration match) could yield that item that is compressed to become an industrial diamond.