Suggestion: New type of detector cable

• I looked through the suggestion section and didn't see it so I really hope I am not bringing up something that was already covered.

I love the detector cables, but I was thinking. What if there was a detector cable that had a different redstone output on each face (or at least 3) depending on how much power is going through the wire? I would love to have something of this nature to see how much of a load there is on any given line. Say side #1 will activate if theres >=32eu/t, side #2 activates between 33eu/t and 128eu/t, and side #3 activates between 129eu/t and 512eu/t.

• I can't imagine how this would work. You can create various corners and crossings with cables and determining what side gives what output may be difficult. I think it would be easier to have more types of detector cable. I didn't need such thing so far though.

• I was thinking of making it easy to see a rough idea on how much you are depending on any one cable. If you have a reactor that is putting out X eu/t and you are only using Y eu/t you have a good idea on how much more room you have before you need to upgrade/add to your power plant.

• I was thinking of making it easy to see a rough idea on how much you are depending on any one cable. If you have a reactor that is putting out X eu/t and you are only using Y eu/t you have a good idea on how much more room you have before you need to upgrade/add to your power plant.

:EC Meter: - this ?

• Think of it as a hands free mode. You can use an eu meter just same same to see if theres power at all going through the lines, but I thought thats what the detector cable was for.

• Do you have a good example of a continuous use case where this would make sense?
    I just don't see a use for it as it stands. I would much rather have a detector that detects how much energy is stored in a batbox/MFE/MFSU.

Consumption rate is not that important to me I just need to know when i need to start my generators to meet demands.
    Though the "power network" thread might see a need for a meter that shows how much current has passed it in the last X minutes or so.

• Querying batbox(or other storage device) levels would easily allow you to develop such a meter. That's really going to be the only logical endgame.

• Reactor ---> 3 Way Detector ---> Storage ---> Machines

At any given time I will have only a couple machines running or my entire processing factory. You could also wire something like that to initiate another array of generators with an MFSU as a choke point you have cut off with redstone. Once you hit the next level of output, it activates another redstone output and reverses the signal at the MFSU, turning on more generators.