[BUG][1.43 SSP] Miner not mining certain ores

• Hi.

I installed IndustrialCraft with the latest Technic pack (hence I had very little control over the installation), and it worked fine, except that now that I've made a miner it seems that it's not mining any copper or tin (possibly also uranium but there's not enough of that for me to tell) besides what it digs through when making the vertical shaft.

Have I missed something out? What's wrong? Help!

• I've set it up like this:

It definitely has power, because it can mine everything else just fine. It's also not currently stuck on any liquids, and I've been manually going down and clearing them when I need to anyway.

• First of all, you are using the Technic pack... As such i should flame you and not be helpful one tiny bit...

But, the miner will ignore Copper and Tin from mods that doesn't add it as a valuable ore type. The miner will only mine the ores it has been set up to mine.

There is a line in the config that allows you to set the value of certain ores. It might be possible to add other block ID's there to make it mine those too. But that is just a maybe!

• There is a line in the config that allows you to set the value of certain ores. It might be possible to add other block ID's there to make it mine those too. But that is just a maybe!

more than a maybe, it works fine. I've got the miners here set for all of the RP2 ores (forgot to turn off RP2's copper and tin, oops..) as well as Forestry's apatite ore. Picks them all up fine. Damage values are represented by a colon. (aka: 140:1, 140:2, etc..)

to the OP: do yourself a favor and install the mods you want by hand, you'll get a better end product than the giant theft that the tecnic pack is.

• OK, I'll just make a new version of the game with buildcraft and industrialcraft then. They're all I really wanted from it. Are they easily compatible?

It's a shame... my house was coming along really nicely :P

On the other hand, most of the mods in Technic pack are terrible. I won't miss them.

• yup, pretty certian that there isn't any Block ID conflicts there.
    Though you may want to look at RedPower 2 as well, there's some nice things you can do with that that you can't do with BC. Course there's also some nice BC addons too. (see the addon section on the buildcraft site)
    I can't wait to be able to use the logistics pipes, those look *nice* (I play on a private SMP server I run right now)

• more than a maybe, it works fine. I've got the miners here set for all of the RP2 ores (forgot to turn off RP2's copper and tin, oops..) as well as Forestry's apatite ore. Picks them all up fine. Damage values are represented by a colon. (aka: 140:1, 140:2, etc..)

to the OP: do yourself a favor and install the mods you want by hand, you'll get a better end product than the giant theft that the tecnic pack is.

No, damage values are not represented by a colon; that's the 'value' the material has to the scanner. Only blocks that have a >0 value are obtained. The default list contains only IC2 + vanilla ores. You will need to add ores from other mods (but you were still missing other stuff in your miner) http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2308

• more than a maybe, it works fine. I've got the miners here set for all of the RP2 ores (forgot to turn off RP2's copper and tin, oops..) as well as Forestry's apatite ore. Picks them all up fine. Damage values are represented by a colon. (aka: 140:1, 140:2, etc..)

The format is <blockid>-<meta>:<oreValue> where oreValue is used by the OV scanner to determine the ore density when you use it.

• The format is <blockid>-<meta>:<oreValue> where oreValue is used by the OV scanner to determine the ore density when you use it.

hmm... interesting, last I saw you had to add something like this for RP2 ores:
    140, 140:1, 140:2, 140:3, 140:4, 140:5, 140:6, 140:7
    so does that effectively mean that if you don't care a whole lot about them showing up on the OV scanner you can just put in 140 into the valuable ores list and it'll snag all of the RP2 stuff?

• hmm... interesting, last I saw you had to add something like this for RP2 ores:
    140, 140:1, 140:2, 140:3, 140:4, 140:5, 140:6, 140:7
    so does that effectively mean that if you don't care a whole lot about them showing up on the OV scanner you can just put in 140 into the valuable ores list and it'll snag all of the RP2 stuff?

No, you -have- to include some value (unless it assumes non-zero as a default); 140:5 gives all RP2 ore (IIRC, this might be the default value of stones (marble/basalt)) a value of 5. I even edited the miner and OV scanner pages on the wiki for you.

• Official Post

The ore value has to be greater than 0 to be considered worth mining. If the ore value is missing, it'll assume 1.

If the RP2 block id for ores is 140 and you don't care about what exactly the OV scanner displays, you can just add 140 to that config setting. Nothing else is required, FnordMan is right.

The next IC2 version will automatically pull ores published through the ore dictionary into that list.