[Resolved] Support Request: Minecraft Crashing at Mojang splash

• Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this/help me out.

I'm having a weird issue since updating to the latest IC2 build where the MC client crashes at the mojang splash.I've managed to get the redpower mod working fine thought i've disabled it for now until i can get IC2 working alongside it(if that's even possible).

This is what MC shows when it crashes

Any help you folks can provide would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks and seasons greetings :)</init>

• two issues there.
    #1 being you'll want to update to 1.6u30 or 1.7u2, your a version behind (1.6u29 has a nasty security problem)
    #2: looks like you've got a corrupt IC2 jar, at least that's my best guess. Could also be a corrupt minecraft.jar, when you remove IC2 (and everything else) does it load fine?

• two issues there.
    #1 being you'll want to update to 1.6u30 or 1.7u2, your a version behind (1.6u29 has a nasty security problem)
    #2: looks like you've got a corrupt IC2 jar, at least that's my best guess. Could also be a corrupt minecraft.jar, when you remove IC2 (and everything else) does it load fine?

Yeah when I load up MC with or without mods it all works fine. Could be IC2 but i think i re-downloaded it already. What is this 1.7u2 thingy? Java revision?

Again, many thanks :)

• I updated the java and it didn't fix it. I did however re-download the IC2 jar file. All seems to be working now :). many thanks for the assist... though now i feel kinda stupid for not thinking it through haha.

• I updated the java and it didn't fix it. I did however re-download the IC2 jar file. All seems to be working now :). many thanks for the assist... though now i feel kinda stupid for not thinking it through haha.

No, you needed to update Java because you had serious security holes...

About the corrupt jar, many people have had issues with that. Just keep downloading til you get a ~2.4 megabyte file.